chapter 11

chapter 11,

"maybe i should lose some weight."

"damn right you should."

for some damned reason, seongwoo came along and dragged me away from dowoon before i could even introduce myself

"it was nice meeting you, dowoon! see you around!" i hollered at the male who was still smiling and waving at me.

weird, i've never seen him around here before.

"i can't believe you gave the ice cream i got you to a random kid!" seongwoo complained as we headed home.

i rolled my eyes, "it's just ice cream."

sometimes, i can just never understand seongwoo. does he have multiple personalities or is he just having mood swings like a girl on her period.

maybe it's the latter.

seongwoo didn't say much on our way back, which is weird because there is never once he would shut up. the silence that was suffocating me between us got me thinking, how the both of us have drifted apart after so many years.

it's quite a pity honestly, we were really good friends. we knew everything about each other, everything.

now, i can't even keep up with the names and number of girls he has dated. i even forget he's in my form class at times, let alone know what subjects he studies.

i didn't even know he started playing the drums after i left, i didn't know subin moved in with his family till i bumped into her at the mart, i didn't even know he changed so much.

i can't blame him for not telling me things and secrets like we've used to, because i don't either.

even daniel and jaehwan don't know a lot of things about me.

its upsetting at times. but i don't see the point of sharing anyways, the past is the past, isn't it?

it sucks though.

i let out a satisfied sigh as i stepped out of the shower and ruffled my hair in front of the mirror standing at the corner of my room, looking at my legs. sometimes my thighs jiggle. i used to laugh. but i'm turning so self conscious of them recently.

maybe it's a phase.

but it's getting me paranoid.

my lips drooped by the sides, "maybe i should lose some weight."

"damn right you should," a voice replied from the door of my bedroom.

seongwoo.

he leaned by the door frame, staring at me amused whilst i was going through an inner conflict on whether or not i should throw my hidden stash of snacks away to shed a bit of weight.

i frowned as i turned back to the mirror, ruffling my hair dry, trying my best to ignore him.

it has been a week since seongwoo kissed me out of the blue in the café. it still makes me shudder when i recall the scene.

i guess it's good he didn't mention anything that happened from that day to anyone. no one in school knows about it, not even jaehwan and daniel.

but everything, every minute, every second from that one small incident remained vivid in my mind, as if there to haunt me on purpose.

i sigh, more memories taunting me.

sometimes, i just wish i can just fall back and let tears fall, but the egotistical me just would never let that happen.

because whenever i used to cried, his arms would just automatically circle around me, it was more effective that anything if making me feel safe, as if a simple hug could stop all the odds that went against me.

sadly, it wasn't seongwoo who did so.

it was someone else,

who did so when i missed seongwoo the most.