chapter 12

chapter 12,

"oh, hey beautiful."

i trudged out of the school gates after waving goodbye to daniel

i trudged out of the school gates after waving goodbye to daniel. jaehwan did come to school for the past week because of an extremely high fever and it was horrible because daniel got kicked out of his dance crew at the same time while i was,,,

still thinking about that kiss.

goodness, it's been three weeks.

but thank goodness it's finally the weekend, i've already completed my tests and overdue assignments, i can probably finish the last few chapters of the webtoon i was reading.

seongwoo didn't bother me and contact me for two weeks now since he found a new girl, it's been rather peaceful and bearable in school.

speak of the devil, i caught a glimpse of seongwoo with his hands intertwined with his new fling by the lockers, he didn't greet me as he walked by, that hurt my feelings slightly.

i shrugged, brushing the thought of, making my way to the mall.

i've been craving snacks from the stall by the alley near the stretch near the mall and i have been thinking of getting jaehwan a few CDs or records from popular pianists and guitarists to wish him a speedy recovery.

maybe i'll drop by the new record shop in the mall.

sometimes i feel guilty, for not opening to jaehwan and daniel so many things but, i just can't bring myself forward to do so. it's upsetting when they bring up a topic that's related to one that makes me remember all those bad days but i then realise it's actually my fault for not telling them more.

all they know is that i was scared, the memories will taunt me and empty promises hurt me most.

but i'm thankful they're so understanding, at times, i don't even feel like i deserve them as best friends.

i smile a little, remembering the days of our first year in high school when we would pull pranks on classmates and teachers, our names always on our teachers' blacklists.

those were some of the best days.

i pushed the glass door of the record shop open, a tingle from the bell softly rings, welcoming me in. it's a new shop but it smelt like an old antique shop, or an old library, i'm not the most musically inclined person but i feel like i belong in this shop, it felt nice.

honestly, i didn't know what CDs to get jaehwan, maybe i should get him some piano scores. he really admired yiruma and some of his favourite pieces are from chopin but i wanted to get him something new, something that can maybe make him get a little better with that abnormally high fever of his.

i scanned the shop, spotting a man who i supposed was the shopkeeper by the other end of the shop at the shelves, placing some new records on the top shelves.

i shuffled over, tapping him on the shoulder lightly, "hi, do you know of any— oh, you?"

the man turns around, and i was only greeted by a familiar smiling face, "oh, hey beautiful! didn't expect to see you here!"