chapter 8

chapter 8,
"dummy."

thank goodness it was a windy day today

thank goodness it was a windy day today. if it were humid like it usually was in seoul, i would've probably sweat all this makeup off. subin wouldn't be happy.

"hey," seongwoo suddenly calls out as we were walking down the stone pavement towards the café we are going to meet this girl at.

apparently she's from another school and she just adores seongwoo so much she really doesn't want to believe she was just a fling to him.

poor girl.

"i'm sorry i made you do this," he says quietly, still looking ahead.

"woah, did the i-am-the-best-and-the-most-amazing ong seongwoo just apologise to me?" i joked.

he rolled his eyes, "i just feel horrible, alright? forcing you to put on makeup and wear a dress; all the things you hate. i'll treat you to ice cream, if that even serve as a way to repay you for this favour."

i pretended to think, even though a girl like me would never say no to ice cream, "well, sounds like a pretty lame way to repay someone but sure, since you're paying."

i could see him smile smugly as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans. he's dressed pretty casual today, a plain button up shirt tucked into a pair of casual jeans.

well no matter what he wears, he still manages to pull it off somehow.

even though i agreed to this favour for him, he didn't give me much details about this girl. i don't even know what she looks like.

looking up to face him, i spoke, "hey, who's this girl—"

"hey!" he suddenly yelped and pulled me by the arm towards him, making me collide into his chest.

my breath hitched not only because of sudden yank of my arm but also because of how close i was standing to him. geez, he really does know not know about my invisible circle.

i looked behind his shoulder on my tiptoes (because of his damned height), seeing a man cycle past us at quick speed.

"you should watch your way, dummy," he lamented as he held me by the shoulders, scanning me up and down, "you didn't get hurt right?"

i cleared my throat as i stepped away, walking by his side again, "yeah..."

he gently pulled me the hand to switch places so he was nearer to the cyclists' lane, "you're still as oblivious to dangers as you were as a kid."

"well, you were always there to save me from them so why do i have to worry?"