chapter 16

chapter 16,
"why not?"

i trudged out of my house lazily, i didn't get to finish my assignments because of seongwoo and i had to wake up two hours earlier than i usually did to do so

i trudged out of my house lazily, i didn't get to finish my assignments because of seongwoo and i had to wake up two hours earlier than i usually did to do so. just as i rounded the corner, a fist appeared right in front of my face, almost making me fall backwards on my back.

"mornin' shortie," an obnoxious voice greeted, he opened his fist to reveal a can of coffee.

i rolled my eyes, trying my best to keep my smile in, "thanks," i managed to whisper as i took the coffee from his hands.

he grinned as he walked next to me, side by side, towards the school.

it's nice. we're getting close again. i like it. but my insecurities just can't help but get in the way of my short lived happiness.

i steal a quick glance at seongwoo, he's just looking ahead, the wind blowing lightly against his hair, his hand holding tightly onto the strap of his bag, his long strides making it hard for my short ones to keep up.

how does he look good so effortlessly?

god probably spent too much time carving his face that he didn't have time for mine. well that sucks.

"do you need something from me? why did you suddenly want to patch our friendship back?" i couldn't help myself but ask.

he just smiled, i couldn't tell why.

"why not?" he simply replies, "is it making you uncomfortable?"

"yikes, since when do you care."

he laughed, "i do. even when you aren't paying attention."