chapter 5

chapter 5,
"sleepyhead."

like any other morning, i slowly slipped my white converses on, tying it tightly to prevent it from untying itself

like any other morning, i slowly slipped my white converses on, tying it tightly to prevent it from untying itself. really, i don't last an hour without my laces getting loose at least once.

and this is why i usually end up tripping on flat surfaces and almost rolling down the stairs unless daniel and jaehwan are quick enough to pull me back on my feet.

or if they aren't, i'll just fall face flat and they would just pretend they didn't know me.

something felt weird this morning, it's awfully silent. i would usually have to deal with something—

right, daniel and jaehwan weren't ringing my doorbell like mad today. weird. where are they?

they usually got ready earlier than me everyday so they can complain about how i take forever to prepare for school. little do they know i only take five minutes. i just wake up late.

they are probably just playing a prank on me again.

without thinking further, i shouted a quick goodbye to my parents and younger brother who were enjoying their breakfast, then stepping out the front door, hoping to be greeted by two familiar annoyed faces.

but nope, it was someone else. yes, he is familiar but he didn't have an annoyed expression, it was an annoying smirk.

i rolled my eyes, what a way to start my morning, "what are you doing here?"

"uh, i live next door? i was just walking by."

"yeah right, by sitting by my potted plants."

he laughed as he stood up and pulled his bag over his shoulder, "lets just get going to school, sleepyhead, your friends left without you."

i furrowed my brows, "well, that's mean."

seongwoo tried to sniffle some laugh of his as he walked next to me, as if we did this everyday.

"you broke up with her didn't you? that's why you're walking to school with me."

seongwoo turned to me, raising his eyebrows at me before nodding, "yes and what do you mean, 'that's why you're walking to school with me'?"

i shrugged, jogging ahead of him to cross the now blinking green light.

"i usually don't mean anything to you unless you break up with temporary girlfriends, don't you?"

seongwoo frowned, somehow looking insulted by my statement, "why would you take things that way?"

i shrugged yet again, not processing the words that left my lips, "it's nothing, it's just something that has been on my mind for sometime."