Chapter 2 - The Beginning

... "You?" Riddhima breathed a sigh of relief and tried to force a smile.

"Of course it's me...who else were you expecting...huh?"

Riddhima shook her head and took a few steps away from him; "No one...I just thought..." she dropped the rest of her sentence as he looked at her; "...nothing...don't worry..."

"So...how's the beautiful lady this morning?" he looked closely at her; "...You're looking gorgeous..."

"Thanks Vivik..." she said as she continued to force a smile.

Vivik put his arm around her shoulder and walked her across the courtyard to the benches near the pond; she avoided him by looking around at other students; some standing around catching up with their friends on how they had spent their holidays and the new students were rushing around in a hurry to get to their classes as it was their first day at school.

Vivik swiveled across the bench and pulled Riddhima closer to him putting his arm around her again; "I don't believe we're not going to be in any classes together...I just want to be with you all the time..." he complained.

Riddhima forced a smile at him; "We'll see each other around school...it's not that big of a deal..." and then she thought silently to herself; "...thank God for that..."

Vivik groaned; "I know...but it's not the same...I wish you were taking a BTECH course and be in all my classes..."

"I can't because I got accepted in A' levels...all the courses I wanted..." she smiled happily.

Vivik held her hand; "Yeah but I still wish we could be together..."

His sentence was cut off by the sound of the bell and Riddhima turned sharply and stood up; "Okay I got to go...I'll see you later..."

Vivik stood up; "Just wait a few more minutes..." he held onto her hand.

"Later Vivik...I'm going to be late...bye..." she turned to go but he didn't let go of her hand.

"Okay...we'll have lunch together..." he told her.

Riddhima quickly nodded and pulled her hand out of his; she walked away quickly thanking God that she was saved. She didn't like being alone with Vivik; she always felt weird around him and now she was really happy that they weren't going to be in the same classes and she won't have to see him as much as she use to.

She had finally reached her tutor room and walked in to a loud cheer making her stop and look towards the noise; "Hi RIDZ!"

Riddhima smiled; "Hey guys...you're all early..."

Abhi called out to her with a teasing grin; "No...you're late...we don't see that often..."

Riddhima rolled her eyes at him with a smile as she walked over to her friends; she hugged Muskaan and Nikita and said hi to Rahul and Abhi.

"I still can't believe we are all in the same class...after five long years...this is going to be so much fun..." Muskaan squealed excitedly.

"Yep...and we're going to make these two years the best years of our lives..." Rahul placed his arm around Muskaan's shoulder and pulled her close.

Muskaan looked at him with a huge smile, slightly blushing.

Abhi dropped his face into his hands and groaned loudly then looked up; "And they're off again..." he rolled his eyes in their direction "...don't you guys ever take a break?"

Nikita smiled at them; "It's cute...you're just jealous..." she said to Abhi.

"Me? ...Jealous? ...Yeah right...of what?" Abhi defended himself.