Chapter 8 - Had a bad day

...By the next day Riddhima's mood had changed a little; she had decided that she wouldn't make an issue out of the 'Armaan' problem and just let things go the way they were at the moment. She thought that there was no point in arguing now that they were going to become family. While getting ready these thoughts were floating around in her head and she made her mind up that she would try and have a lovely day without any tension.

She went downstairs for breakfast with a bright smile on her face; Padma and Shashank were sitting down at the breakfast table having tea when she walked into the kitchen.

"Good Morning mama...morning papa..." she hugged both of them and sat down.

Shashank smiled at her; "Good morning Riddhima beta..."

"Kya huwa...bohot khush lag rahi ho...kya baat hain?" (What happened...you look very happy...what's the matter?) Padma eyed her suspiciously.

She shrugged; "Kuch nahi mama...bas aise he...dii kahan hai?" (Nothing mama...just like that...where's sis?) she looked around and picked up a piece of toast from the plate.

"Uss ke liye phone aya tha (She got a phone call) ...she had to leave early...she said sorry she won't be able to give you a lift today..." Padma informed her.

Riddhima dropped the piece of toast instantly; "Kya (What?)...I'm going to be late..." she said as she made an annoyed expression.

"I'll drop you to school if you want..." Shashank offered.

"Don't worry papa...your office is in the opposite direction...I'll take the bus..." she said as she stood up; "...I should leave now if not I'll really be late...bye..."

"Theek hain (Okay) beta...take care..." Padma called after her as she left the kitchen.

"Bye..." Shashank called.

Riddhima left the house with a slight frown on her face but as she crossed the road she remembered the promise she had made to herself and quickly brought a smile to her face.

She walked down the road smiling at all the familiar faces as she made her way to the bus stop; she got there a few moments later and waited patiently looking down the road to see if the bus was on its way when she felt a strong hand on her shoulder making her turn sharply.

"Hi gorgeous..." Vivik looked down at her with a cheesy smile.

Riddhima was shocked to see him and become nervous; "Vivik...tum yahan...yahan kya kar rahe ho?" (You here...what are you doing here?)

Vivik deepened his smile; "Babes...I think this is a bus stop...and anyone can come here...right?"

Riddhima forced a smile on to her face; "Umm...I didn't mean it like that...I just meant..."

"It's okay I was just joking..." he put his arm around her shoulder.

Riddhima felt uncomfortable; "What are you doing?" she hated public affection.

Vivik removed his arm from around her; "Okay I'm sorry..."

The bus arrived suddenly and they both got on together; Riddhima felt extremely awkward as Vivik walked her towards the back seat asking her to sit by the window and he sat next to her holding her hand.

"Babes...what's wrong...ever since we've come back to school your attitude towards me has changed..." he stated.

Riddhima looked closely at him; she really wanted to tell him the truth; "Umm...it's nothing like that Vivik..." she decided that it wasn't the right time; "...I've just been busy with coursework and new subjects...you know A 'levels are not easy..."