Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar

..."Yeh kya hain?" (What is this?) she brought her hand from the back and held it up to reveal a pile of photos of herself...

Armaan was completely shocked that she had found the photos and he just stared blankly at her.

Riddhima repeats herself; "Kya hain yeh sab?" (What are all of these?)

There was silence for a while as he stood there thinking of what to say to her; "I'm so sorry..." he helped her to sit down on the bed and crouched down in front of her; "...I think you have the same illness that Kadher Khan had in the film Mujhse Shaadi Karogi...khabi khabi tumhe dikhai nahi deti aur khabi sunayi nahi deta (sometimes you can't see and sometimes she can't hear)...I think you should go to the doctors..."

She stood up and looked at him with a sarcastic smile; he tried to take the photos from her hand but she pulled back.

"Very funny...ab batao..." (now tell me)

"They're photos...if you don't know..."

"I can see that...par meri photos tumhare kamre main...tumhara takye ke niche kyon hain..." (but why are my photos in your room...under your pillow?)

"Umm..." he was speechless.

"Bolo..." (Speak) Riddhima urged him.

"Okay...I'll tell you..."

"I'm waiting..." she watched him closely.

Armaan walked closer to her and she moved back, he walked closer and she moved further back again. Riddhima walked backwards slowly as Armaan walked closer and closer until she hit the wall. He moved very close to her and her heart began to thump hard against her chest and she breathed heavily; he moved his hand up and took the photos from her hand while they stared into each other's eyes...they stood so close to each other for a long time just looking at each other, it was like the time had stopped for them, like they were the only two people on the earth...but not for long...

They were disturbed a minute later by Juhi's voice as she called from downstairs; "Anjali beta you're back..."

Juhi's voice broke their peace and they looked away from each other; "This isn't finished here...we'll speak later..." Riddhima told him.

She moved slowly around him trying not to touch him as he was very close and walked out of the room.

Armaan was left standing there looking at her leaving; he ran his fingers through his hair and smiled; "Mar gaya Armaan..." (You're so dead Armaan) he smiled and his dimple dented his cheek making him look cute.

Riddhima went downstairs and met Anjali and Atul in the foyer.

"Hi dii..." she hugged her sister with a big smile; "...surprise!"

"Ridzi!" Anjali called in surprise; "...Hi...kaisi ho tum?" (how are you?) Anjali moved back and looked at her.

"I'm fine dii...how are you?"

"Main theek hoon..." (I'm fine)

"Hi Jiju...how are you?" Riddhima smiled at him.

Atul gave her a quick side hug; "I'm good...it's so nice to see you..."

"Haan...par Ridzi tum yahan kya kar rahi ho (what are you doing here)...you should have told me you were coming...we would've stayed at home..." Anjali said to her.

"It's okay dii...actually I didn't want to tell you because I wanted to surprise you but I had a lovely day with aunty...and it's good that you got to spend some time with Jiju..." Riddhima teased.