Chapter 6 - Family Night

...It had been a while now since Anjali and Atul had met each other and got to know each other a little better; they had met up a couple of times and were really enjoying each other's company.

It was a nice Indian Summer evening, warm with many different coloured leaves on the ground and trees, Atul and Anjali had decided to meet up in the Cosy Caf!, a coffee shop where Anjali and Riddhima usually spent time together.

Armaan had also decided to tag along with his brother as he had not as yet seen his to-be sister-in-law and was very eagerly waiting to meet her because he had heard so much about her from Atul. Armaan and Anjali sat around a triangular coffee table on comfortable armchairs while Atul had gone to order something for them to drink.

Anjali thought of starting up the conversation as Armaan had continued to sit and smile; he was quite pleased with his brother's choice and had no words to describe it; "It's really nice to have finally met you..." Anjali started.

Armaan gave her a cheeky smile; "Sab yahi kehte hai..." (Everyone says that)

Anjali smiled; "You're funny..."

Armaan nodded; "Woh bhi kehte hai..." (They say that as well)

"Okay...okay..." Anjali laughed.

He laughed along with her; "But seriously though...aap se milkar bohot acha laga (it's really nice to have finally met you) ...you're just as beautiful as champ described you..."

Anjali was confused; "Champ?"

Armaan shook his head; "I mean...Atul bhaiya...I have loads of names for him...Champ, Bro, Bhai...and more...we are very close...haan (yes) we fight just as much but we love each other a lot..."

Anjali nodded; "Oh really...that's so sweet...aur tumhara aur bhi naam hai...ya sirf Armaan?" (And do you have any other names...or just Armaan?)

"Oh... you don't really want to know..." he tried to change subject.

Anjali smiled; "Batao na (tell me) ...I won't laugh..."

Atul made his way to Armaan and Anjali and sat down in between them. "Toh...kya baate ho rahi hai?" (So...what are you guys talking about?) he said looking from one to the next.

Armaan turned to his brother; "Kuch nahi...bas..." (Nothing much...just)

"Ammy...have you asked your twenty questions to Anjali yet?" Atul asked him.

Anjali looked from Atul to Armaan and back; "Twenty questions?"

Armaan shook his head; "It's okay...forget it..." he gave Atul a stern look as if to say "drop it".

"Go on...ask me..." Anjali urged him.

Atul smirked; "Yeah go on Ammy...pucho na..." (Ask away)

Armaan looked at Atul as if to say "mar wayeh ga kya?" (You're going to get me killed)

On the way to the café the boys had a discussion on asking Anjali some personal questions. Armaan wanted to ask the questions and Atul had made him promise not to ask as they were very embarrassing. On seeing how beautiful and sensible Anjali was Armaan had changed his mind, not wanting to embarrass himself.

Armaan; once again; tried to change the subject; "Uh...to...Anjali Ji...what do you do?"

"That wasn't the question..." Atul whispered to Armaan.

"Kya?" (What?) Anjali asked.

Armaan continued; "Kuch nahi...toh Anjali Ji...batao na (Nothing...so Anjali tell me)...what do you do?"