Chapter 5 - I Hate Him

...A week had passed since Armaan had started school and he had become very much part of the gang; he was funny, smart and a great talker. Muskaan and Nikita had also become quite fond of having him around just as much as Rahul and Abhi had found a great friend in him but someone's feelings towards him hadn't changed as yet.

Riddhima; she just couldn't stand the sight of him as he had won everyone's praise and had taken her place as the top student in every lesson. It had also become a habit of Armaan to tease Riddhima, who always fell for his tricks. She tried to stay away from him as much as possible but found it very difficult as they were in most of the same classes and he was always with her friends.

One lesson where she had a little peace and quiet was in Textiles, this was her favorite lesson as she loved designing and sewing and she had decided to use this time wisely as she was not disturbed by him nor would he take her place in this lesson.

The girls walked into the class and Riddhima got straight on with her work as the other two were just getting settled.

Riddhima breathed a long sigh as she got on with her work; "Finally...you don't know how long I've been waiting for this lesson...at least I don't have to see that bandar's (monkey's) face!"

Nikita shook her friend at her friend in disbelief; "Ridz c'mon...that's not nice...why don't you like him?"

Riddhima was shocked at the accusation being laid on her; "DON'T LIKE?" she calmed down and gave her friends a sweet smile; "...No, no, no...it's not that don't I don't like him...let me correct that for you...I HATE him...I absolutely LOATHE him..." she finished angrily.

Muskaan laughed; "You joker...how could you hate him...he's so sweet yaar..."

Riddhima sighed again; "Guys please...at least in this lesson let's not call that idiot's name...I need to rest my brains...in the last half an hour he's chewed my brains so much I need to take a break..."

Riddhima had grabbed a huge A3 sized paper and rushed her pencil over it designing a complicated yet elegant outfit with lots of layers and drapes and a detailed surface decoration. She had completed the basic design within three to four minutes and was working on the detailed touches.

Nikita had finally settled down; "Okay...okay...we won't call his name again..."

"Thank you..." Riddhima said not looking up as she was busy working away.

"Wow yaar...you're amazing..." Muskaan said looking at Riddhima's unfinished design.

"Let's see..." Nikita leaned over Muskaan's shoulder to have a look; "...beautiful...I wish I was that talented..." she sighed.

Riddhima thanked the girls again with a smile but carried on without looking up.

"You're making that for me right?" Nikita asked.

"We'll see..." she concentrated.

"Ridz...tell us...how do you do it?" Muskaan quizzed her.

"What?" she replied still working away.

"You know...just get right into it and get it done so easily?" Muskaan said looking down at Riddhima's design; "...Just getting started takes me five minutes..." she took a quick look around at the other six girls in the class; "...and it's not only me...it's all the girls..."

They looked around the class to see everyone was just chilling, taking their time and chatting to each other while the teacher entered the class and was slowly preparing for the lesson.

Riddhima looked at Muskaan; "Well my dear..." she smiled fully for the first time that day; "...designing is my passion and creating is my love...and passion and love comes from the heart...so when I put my heart into it...sab kuch ho sakta hai...haina..." (anything is possible...isn't it...) she smiled at her friends; "...aur haan...ek aur wajah..." (and one other reason...)