Chapter 13 - Reception

...It was the last day of the holidays and the Malik family had decided to keep a small reception for the newly wedded couple at their home. It was a very small function with very few guests; the Gupta family, the Shergill family; the gang, their family friend from back home and some neighbours which attended the wedding. The function started from twelve, beginning with lunch and then some rituals.

The gang had arrived a little early to help Armaan and his parents set up the place while Riddhima hadn't arrived as yet; which made Armaan feel a little uncomfortable as he kept looking at the door waiting for her. 

He still couldn't understand why he was waiting for her, why he couldn't stop looking at her and why he secretly took photos of her during the week at the different occasions. Now and then he would take out his phone and quickly snap a photo when Riddhima was looking very nice and too busy to notice him. But today he felt really happy, firstly he had sorted out the problem which was really bothering him since he had come to London, secondly he was very happy for his brother and new sister-in-law and thirdly he was waiting impatiently for someone, just to get a glimpse of her would make his day.

The gang, after setting up the place, sat down on the Chiavari chairs set out in the foyer going over the events of the week and waiting for other guest.

"Yeah I have to agree with you Abhi...you guys have worked really hard this week..." Muskaan smiled.

Abhi lifted his collar; "Thanks yaar...putting up that tent was a lot of work!!"

Nikita rolled her eyes; "What's so hard in that...there were lots of you guys...and I bet the actual tent was put up by the professionals..."

Armaan frowned; "Ab tum dono phir se shuru mat kar..." (Don't you two start again) he said still looking at the door.

Rahul raised his eyebrow; "Tum baar baar wahan kyon dekh raha hain?" (Why do you keep looking over there?) he asked looking at the door.

Armaan shrugged; "Bas aise hi..." (Just like that) he looked away and noticed the newlyweds coming down the stairs together; "...Wow...you guys look great...wait right there..." he called out to them then grabbed his camera from the counter and snapped photos of them.

"Aww...Anjali Dii aap bohot pyari lag rahi hain..." (you look really pretty) Nikita complimented her.

Anjali was wearing a beautiful two toned blue sari with sequins and stones and a lovely embroidery design on the border of the pallu. Atul was wearing a dark blue sherwani and they suited each other perfectly. They walked down the stairs, both smiling very sweetly at each other and then at the gang.

Anjali smiled; "Thanks Niki...tum bhi bohot achi lag rahi hain..." (you look really nice too)

They all settled down in the living room waiting for the guests to arrive. After a little while the house was full of people; the Shergill family had also arrived and everyone was moving around from here to there, guest having lunch and the members of family making sure that everything was going smoothly; amongst all of this Armaan was still waiting for her. 

Atul and Anjali sat together feeding each other while Abhi took photos and the others giving them instructions of how to pose. Armaan who was carrying a plate of food and very frustrated now walked towards the gang.

"Arre Muskaan...woh Ms. Gamandhi abhi tak nahi ayi?" (Hey Muskaan...Ms. Egoistic hasn't come yet?) Armaan said slightly frustrated.

Everyone looked at him in shock.

"Kya kaha tumne?" (What did you say?) Atul asked him; he had dropped the spoon onto the plate forgetting that he was suppose to be feeding Anjali and posing for the camera.