Memory

Today is the day that my whole world changed as I look out my window and remember the past that has hurt me so much.

First was my graduation where I said no to Logan, it wasn't that I didn't want to marry him I just couldn't marry him just yet. So he walked away from me and that broke my heart.

A few days later I left for the campaign trail it was the greatest experience ever. Three months in and I was back on the east coast to visit my grandparents, my mom and dad. We were meeting at a restaurant in New York, they were all going to take a town car together to meet me there.

As I was waiting outside for them to arrive I got the call that turned my whole world upside down.

My whole family had been killed by a drunk driver, I was so broken and lost I didn't know what to do. After their funeral I spoke to the family lawyer were they told me, I was the Gilmore and Hayden Heiress and sole beneficiary.

I got everything from them, I was now the richest socialite in the world. My legal name is Lorelei Leigh Gilmore Hayden the third but I changed my name to Leigh Hayden.  No one calls me Rory anymore it just hurts me to much.

After the loss I went to law school to honor my grandparents, I finished it in three years. All I did was study and work taking no time off. Now I'm the most successful lawyer around and I've only been practicing for a year.

I still have fun with my two best friends Tristan and Paris. They have been with me since I lost the rest of my world.

When Tristan and I ran into each other in law school he was shocked to find out that all my family was gone, he knew how close I was to them.

Tonight we're going out to dinner like every year so they can keep my mind off of what this day has brought me.

Today I only have one scheduled appointment, apparently they need the best and that's me. I don't know what the circumstances are yet but I will know soon enough. It's some tech company that's being sued for copyright. I am pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

" Hello Leigh Hayden" I say.

"Hey Mare. How are you holding up?" Tristan asked concerned.

"I'm good I was just thinking about graduation, my family and you. How you and Paris have been there for me when I needed you the most." I say sincerely.

"Oh Mare, I'll always be there for you no matter what we're family." Tristan says fondly.

"I know Tris and I feel the same way" I say with a smile.

"Hey my parents want us to come over this weekend to have dinner they miss you." Tris says.

Ever since Tristan and I met back up in law school we got closer and he always brought me home for the holidays and any other time.

His family became my family, I was like a daughter to them. If I ever needed them they were only a call away.

" I would love that, I miss them to." I say.

"Alright Mare I'll let them know and I'll see you tonight. Love ya bye." Tris says.

" Love you to Tris bye" I say as I hang up and look over the file in front of me.

I need to read up on what's going on with this case. It's not as detailed just a brief summery of what's going on, I'll find out more when they come in.

I grab a coffee and start looking over the file and before I know it my secretary is buzzing me.

"Miss Hayden your clients are here." Marie says.

"Thank you send them in" I tell her. I go to my file cabinet and my back is to the door as they come in and haven't seen them come in.

When I hear shuffling I turn around, I'm shocked beyond belief.

"Logan" I whisper

"Rory" he says.