Shock and Surprises

I shake myself out of my shock and go into lawyer mode.

"Gentlemen my name is Leigh Hayden and I'll be working on your case." I say with a smile and I can see the confusion on Logan's face.

"I'm Liam Jones and this is Logan Huntzberger my business partner." Liam says.

"Nice to meet you both please have a seat." I say to them as we all sit and my secretary brings  in coffee and water.

"Thanks Marie" I say to her and she smiles and leaves the office.

" Tell me what do you need my services for." I say to them.

Logan still seems to be in shock but gets himself out of it.

"We're being sued by a company saying we copy righted their technology." Logan says.

"May I see what papers you were served with?" I ask them.

"Sure." Liam says.

He hands me the paperwork over and I look it over. I laugh out loud and when I look up the guys are looking at me funny.

"Sorry I'm not trying to be unprofessional but I've dealt with this company several times in my time practicing." I state to them.

"How so? Have they done this before?" Liam asks.

"Yes they have. Have you recently come into some money or bought a new company or something along those lines?" I ask them.

"Yes we just bought a new company to help us expand." Logan says.

"I need to look over that company and their paperwork. Along with all the transactions that took place in the acquisition." I say to them.

"We can do that. We can have someone get all the paperwork together and have it here by the end of the day." Liam says.

"Thank you and we'll get together next week to discuss any findings that I have."I say to them. I stand up and shake their hands.

"Have a good day gentlemen."I say to them.

"You to Mrs Hayden." Liam says.

"It's Miss not Mrs." I say.

"Ok Miss Hayden we'll see you soon" Logan says. Then they walk out my door. I call Marie into the room.

"Hey Leigh, what's up?" Marie says.

"Hey, remember that company that tried to sue your brother a few months back?" I ask her.

"Yeah what about them?" Marie asks curiously.

"Their suing the guys that just walked out of the office." I say.

"Your not joking and by the way wasn't that thee Logan?." Marie asks me.

"Yes on both accounts." I say.

"Wow how do you feel? Are you ok?" Marie asks me worriedly.

"I'm fine, I think he doesn't know what happened. He seemed really confused when I said Leigh Hayden." I say.

"How can that be?" She asks.

"Well after he left his family business, I guess he wanted nothing to do with society or me for that matter. Who knows." I say. I look over at the clock.

"Marie take the rest of the day off, spend some time with your husband. I'll have someone send the boxes to my house to look at the paperwork."I say to her. I collect my belongings.

"Your the best boss and best friend I can ask for." She says and hugs me.

"No problem go enjoy yourself, go to one of my restaurants on me. If they have an issue have them call me. It shouldn't but call if you have to." I say exiting my door.

I head to one of the restaurants that I now own. I walk right in and go to walk straight through and the hostess stops me.

"Excuse me. Do you have a reservation?" She asked me snootily

"I don't need one I own the place" I say back and she rolls her eyes.

"I doubt that." She says hissing at me. I grab my phone.

"Get down her now." I demand into the phone and soon enough I hear.

"Leigh my love." He says and I smile and hug him.

"The hostess is rude and won't let me in." I whisper to him and he turns and looks at her.

" Sarah she's the owner and don't be rude or next time your fired." He says firmly.

"Let's go eat love." He says.

"Your the sweetest Finn. Especially helping me this week looking for new investments." I say to him and he smiles back

"Anything for family." Finn says.

Logan had cut all ties with Robert, Colin, Finn and Stephanie. I first ran into Finn before the horrible accident that changed my life and I met up with them all.

"Finn I have to tell you something." I say to him. I need to tell him about Logan being here.

What will he say? How will he feel?