Chapter 1

"Noelle!"

I held in my laugh as I heard my best friend calling my name. Biting my lip, I turned to face her.

"Yes?" There was no doubt she heard my teasing tone.

"I came by to thank you," she said with a smile. I was shocked when those words left Harley's lips.

"Thank me? I thought you were ready to rip my eyes out," I joked. She shook her head and laughed.

I set her up with another one of my friends, Noah, and I wasn't expecting them to get along so well.

"He was really sweet," she commented.

I was in shock she actually liked him.

"But I am slightly upset you didn't tell me he's blind," she said.

Noah has been blind since he was eight, and he normally didn't start off by telling people his life story. He definitely didn't let his lack of sight hold him back though.

He worked out almost daily, and any woman could appreciate his charm and looks.

"I didn't think it mattered," I shrugged.

"No, it definitely didn't, especially not after I got to know him. We have a date again next Friday," she said with a blush. I laughed at her and turned back to the rack of dresses.

"How did you even find me?" I asked with suspicion.

"I called your mom and she said you've been here all morning," she said with an accusing stare.

I had to find the right dress for the party tomorrow. I had been stressing over this and putting it off for long enough. It was time for me to find the right dress.

"You know, I think Noah is my mate," Harley almost whispered. I stopped what I was doing and turned back to her.

"How do you not know?"

"Well, he can't see me, but my wolf was going crazy, Noelle. I didn't let him touch me. I was afraid, but I needed to see him again. I couldn't just leave without ensuring I would see him again," she explained.

I was flabbergasted.

I didn't expect them to be mates, but at least she found her mate.

"That's great, Harley! Are you going to tell Noah?" I asked.

She hesitated before answering.

"I think I will, eventually. I invited him to the party, so maybe I'll tell him when we get there. How would that even work? He can't see me, Noelle."

"Harley he's the beta of our pack. He's naturally stronger than most wolves. If you let him touch you I can guarantee you that he'll recognize you as his soulmate," I concluded.

She seemed relieved that he would recognize her.

I could see why she was slightly anxious. The main way mates know is when they see one another. Noah doesn't hold that ability, but touch is another way. I'm almost surprised he wasn't able to smell her.

"Let's drop it. Have you seen any cute dresses?" She asked.

"No. I've only seen one that might work, but I'm not sure it's something I could ever wear," I tried to explain. She gave me a skeptical look.

"Really? Just try the dress on," she urged. I contemplated the idea, and then hesitantly nodded my head.

I went back to where I saw the dress and let her look over it.