Chapter 12

Daniel's POV
~
"Sir!"

I looked up to see Vince almost running up to me. He was holding a stack full of papers, and frankly he looked like shit.

"What?" I growled. Upset that he had to interrupt me in the middle of training. My warriors had to be at their best for what was to come.

"I think I found something on Noelle," he panted. He must have run a half mile at least to find me.

Her name alone brought a sense of joy and love into my heart. My wolf howled with hope inside of me, maybe she'll be home soon.

This made me forget what I was previously doing, and focus all of my attention on him.

I motioned for him to continue, and he pulled out a paper from the stack he was holding.

"I was looking into the lives of anyone she would have come in contact with, and that's when I came across one of your staff."

"One of my staff?" I repeated suspiciously.

"Aurelia Silvetti. Her brother happens to be Theodore Silvetti, also known as the alpha of the Lycan Pack. And that's one pack whose territory we aren't supposed to enter," he spoke smoothly as though he was confident with what he found.

There's no way Aurelia was behind my mate running away. She's a trusted member.

"There better be more evidence than just that. Aurelia has been a loyal member of this pack for a long time Vince," I said, my voice filling with boredom.

"The morning that Noelle disappeared, Aurelia made an ATM withdrawal of a couple hundred dollars. But at the time the money was withdrawn, Aurelia was here doing housework," he said with a smug smile.

My lips parted slightly in surprise. Is Aurelia the culprit who helped her escape?

I felt my blood boiling at the possibility. Aurelia, someone who I've trusted for so long, betrayed me.

"When does she get back from her visit?" I growled.

"She should be back in a few days. Do you want me to get the warriors ready to invade the Lycan Territory?" He asked.

I shook my head slowly, I had a better idea.

"No, we're going to let her enjoy her time with her brother. And when she gets back, we'll have some fun," I said with a sadistic smile.

She disrespected me, and she's keeping me away from my mate. She's overstepped her boundaries, so I say she gets a punishment to teach her a lesson. My wolf has been longing for the smell of his mate. Just to touch her creamy skin would bring him joy.

Why would she dare to run away from an alpha? I took her in and gave her a mansion. I only punished her for misbehaving, but what else was she expecting? She decided to mess around with other men just as she learned that we were mates. My wolf whimpered at the thought of hurting our beloved mate, but she needed to learn her place.

She is not just a mere wolf anymore. She's my mate and the next Luna of this pack. It's time for her to quit these childish antics and be the woman that leads beside me. I'll discipline her as needed if that means my pack gets the Luna they deserve.

"Sir, should we at least send a few warriors to see if Noelle is there?" Vince disrupted my train of thought.

It was then that an idea formed.

"No. As a matter of fact, tell them to guard our territory tonight. I'll head there myself," I decided.

Vince's eyes widened just slightly.

"Alpha are you sure-"

"Don't question me Vince," I growled in warning. He shut his mouth and bowed his head slightly in apology.

"If my mate is there then I'll be able to sense her. We can plan an attack if I see her myself," I told him, already somehow knowing she was there. How could I have been so blind?

Theodore Silvetti lost his mate some time ago, and part of me felt even angrier that an unmated wolf was sleeping in the same vicinity as my mate. My darling mate sure knew how to get around. My wolf growled jealously as he considered the possibility of someone else touching what was his.

She's my mate, and some other male is near her.

My body started shaking the more I thought of Noelle giving herself to Theodore. His filthy hands touching what rightfully has been given to me. It was enough to make me storm out of the study, and practically run out the back door.

I felt my heart rate increase more and more until finally I let my wolf take over. Maybe deep down this had been my wolf's plan.

To get me angry and take over just to confirm my suspicions about Theodore and Noelle. I shifted into the large dark brown wolf that many had grown to fear, and I let him run through the forest.

It was pure instinct when deciding where to go.

Almost like a built in navigation system. My wolf was trying to find Noelle so he could claim her. We had already taken her once when she got out of hand, but now it was time for more.

The thoughts that ran through my wolf's head made me go mad.

He wanted to chain her to our bed and make her remember who we were. Make her remember who she belongs to.

He wanted Noelle to only know our name. Maybe then she'll think twice before running off into another man's arms. The only name coming off of her lips should be mine. The only thing I was sure of in that moment was that Noelle would never see the light of day again.

As soon as she's in my arms, she will indeed be chained to my bed.

And there she will remain until I feel like she's earned it.

It was sick and twisted for me to want her constantly lying in my bed, but what mated male doesn't secretly want that? The only difference here is that Noelle can't be trusted. My mate needs to be punished for the way she's been behaving.

My wolf kept sprinting through dense forestry and unclear paths as his vexation fueled his strong legs.

I'm coming Noelle.