Chapter 8

Theodore appeared moments later with rubbing alcohol, bandages, and a trash bag, as well as some kind of ointment.

I was scared of the rubbing alcohol for sure. It would sting and I didn't want to appear weak in front of him. Silently I was praying he couldn't hear my heart beating at an alarming rate.

I was topless in front of this Greek god.

"This might hurt a little bit," he warned.

I nodded and let him do what he needed to do. He took a wipe and drenched it in the liquid, before placing it on my back.

Letting out a groan of pain, I bit the pillow beneath me.

"What did you and Daniel get into a fight about?" He asked.

Where was this coming from?

"What do you mean?"

"You said he had people over for breakfast, but you two got into a fight," he hinted.

Was he trying to distract me?

"He told them that I wasn't going to attend college anymore, but he has no say in what I choose to do with my life," I answered through gritted teeth.

"You're in college?"

"Not anymore. It's too risky, and Daniel would surely look there for me. This is the one place he won't think to look," I explained.

I felt even more upset than I couldn't attend college anymore, Daniel had actually taken away my future.

Suddenly I couldn't bring myself to discuss him anymore.

"What's it like being an alpha?" I asked.

He chuckled softly before answering.

"Tiring," he muttered.

"Really? You're the alpha of the Lycan Pack. One of the best packs in the world, and you're answer is tiring? Come on Teddy-"

"Did you just call me Teddy?" He cut me off.

My eyes widened, and I felt a blush coming to my cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I heard Aurelia call you that and it just kind of slipped-"

"It's fine," he cut off my babbling with another light chuckle.

His chuckle brought butterflies to my stomach. I shook the thought away as soon as it became present in my mind.

I have a mate.

And even though we won't work, I can't have a crush on Theo. It would ruin everything. What if he has a mate?

"Thank you, again, for letting me stay here," I said, changing the topic.

"It's no problem. There's no way I could send you back out there with the chances of him finding you. I'm terribly sorry you had to go through that," he apologized, sounding remorseful.

I just shook my head and sighed.

"It's done. I can't go back and change it, but at least I can start fresh," I said optimistically. This was my fresh start right here.

He seemed to be content with that, and continued tending to my wounds. I wonder if his mate knows how lucky she is. There's no harm in asking, right?

"Will I meet the Luna?" I asked.

It was like I straight up insulted him. His mood changed as soon as the words fell from my lips.

"What's it to you?" He growled.

It was a reminder of how Daniel was with me. My whole body tensed and I started shaking. I was already underneath him, I was already so vulnerable.

Is Theodore a monster too? Daniel seemed just as nice as Theo, but people can change in an instant.

"I'm sorry," I croaked, scared to say much else.

I could almost feel remorse coming from him.

He made some sort of grunting noise, and continued to wrap gauze on my wound.

"Don't be sorry," he spoke.

That was all either of us said as he continued tending to my wound.

I winced every now and then, but I tried not to give him a reaction. If he's anything like Daniel, he gets off on the suffering. I hate to think Theo is anything like that monster, but I need to be more cautious.

"All done," he declared as he stood to his feet.

I slowly stood up and met his breathtaking eyes.

"Thank you," I said shakily, and I cursed myself for sounding so weak and pathetic. What's wrong with me? Why can't I just be normal?

It was insane how this man seemed to have some sort of hold over me. I barely know him and I already want to know what lies behind those gorgeous orbs.

He scratched the back of his head nervously and looked down at me. His lips parted, but he closed them and turned for the door.

The sound of the door slamming was the only other sound in the room aside from my erratic heartbeat. I let out a breath I didn't even know I had been holding, and a feeling of loneliness began to set in.

I have a mate, why am I longing for the company of another?

I sighed and decided to rest for a little while, not caring what the big bad lycan was doing. I need to focus on my main goal at the moment, and that was to stay hidden from Daniel.