Chapter 17

Theo rested his head in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent. I can only imagine what I smelled like at the moment.

I looked up at the ceiling, not knowing what else to do.

I've never experienced that kind of pleasure before. Theo made me fly over that peak three more times, and each time I wanted more and more. How is it even possible for him to have that much control over my body?

"You're so beautiful, Noelle," he commented before kissing my neck. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at his words.

He really thinks I'm beautiful?

It almost brought a smile to my lips, almost.

Part of me wanted to take things a step further and mate with him right here and right now, but I know better than this. Where was my self control when he was doing those things to me? When he was touching me in ways that left me quivering and aching for more, why couldn't I be strong and deny him?

A sudden feeling of shame flooded my body. I just let Theo have his way with me, and it was so easy for him. How could I just give in like that? I'm such an idiot, and all of this was a mistake. I don't want Theo.

Looking anywhere but him, I asked him to put me down.

He silently and gently allowed me to place both of my feet on the ground before speaking.

My legs felt wobbly, but I wasn't about to lean on him or ask for assistance.

"Are you okay?" He asked, clearly sensing my mood swing. I have to stay strong this time, I can't let anything like this happen again. His feelings are too deep, and my personal problems are too deep for me to be with anyone right now. No matter how good he feels against me, I just can't handle that kind of commitment.

I didn't know how to answer his question. How do I tell my mate that I'm too messed up to try with him?

"I think it's best if you leave," I whispered, looking down at the ground. I could only see our feet on the ground, and I absolutely refused to look up into those yellow eyes. His eyes could make a rabid dog obey his every command.

He scoffed, and I could practically feel his anger.

"Please tell me you aren't doing this again."

My silence was the only answer he needed. I silently begged him to not make this any harder than it needed to be. If he walks away now, no one will get hurt. I can stay here until Daniel stops looking for me, and then I can go out and live on my own.

"Noelle you are my mate, and after what just happened I understand if you're scared or confused but that's no reason to do this," he voiced. I couldn't find the words to respond to him. What was I supposed to say?

I could hear him growing desperate.

"I don't get second chances in life. I lost my mate, and I hated the fact that I wasn't there when she needed me, but now I get to be there when you need me, and it's like you won't even spare me a fucking glance unless I seduce you. Do you know what that feels like? To have it all ripped away? I thought that I would never feel the touch of my mate again, and Noelle you're perfect. I want to get to know more about you and what makes you so perfect, but you won't give me the time of day," he growled.

My eyes were glued to the floor. I felt my face get hot, and I was beyond ashamed. I know that I'm hurting him, but he doesn't understand how much this will benefit him in the end. I just need a little more time here.

"You don't have anything to say to me?" He asked in disbelief.

I swallowed my words and kept my head down. I knew he was close to leaving. He'll give up on me and this will all be so much easier.

"I won't stop fighting for you. I know you think I'll walk out of this room and forget about you, but I won't. I'm going to leave this room and go check on Valerio, and finish up some paperwork, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on you. I know that I can't win you over in one night, and that's okay. You'll give in soon enough."

Those were the last words I heard before he turned around, and walked out of the room. As soon as I heard the door close, I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding.

What the hell is wrong with me? I let him touch me and play me and make me want so much more.

He was a fool if he thought I'd give in again. I'm going to remain strong, and I'm done letting my emotions get the best of me. I won't let any man play with me like that again. I'm not a toy, and I need to be strong for a goddamn minute.

As upset as I was, I was more upset at myself than I was at him. I was supposed to be strong. I still have a mate, even if Theo is my second chance mate, Daniel is still my first mate. He's abusive and cruel, but my wolf still slightly yearns for his approval. She wants his touch, and there are some moments where I do too.

I'm never going back to Daniel, yet I can't help the natural instinct to want him. And I can't be with Theo knowing my other mate is out there looking for me.

Daniel is dangerous.

The second he finds me he'll kill everyone who helped me escape. That would put Aurelia, Theo, Valerio, and anyone else here in danger. I know he'd go after Theo first.

Daniel would kill Theo the second he found out we were kissing and touching each other in such a way. This thought alone made me promise myself one thing.

I'm not succumbing to Theo.