Chapter 5

I was broken.

I wasn't the person I was when I first met Daniel.

He had taken something that should be a romantic and intimate moment between mates. And now I can't ever get that moment back.

Daniel raped me.

I tried to fight him, but I'm wounded and weak. He easily overpowered me, and now I'm laying in his bed. I'm laying here and I'm staring up at the same ceiling I was forced to see.

A single tear ran down my face.

Would my life always be like this? Did I have a future?

It was now nighttime, and I haven't moved since the incident, so that's when I decided to turn onto my side, and go get under the covers. Maybe all I needed was a night's rest.

I was mentally exhausted, and I didn't want to deal with reality right now.

I must have fallen asleep for a little bit, and when I woke up, I heard Daniel speaking to me. But what terrified me was the unmistakable stench of liquor.

"All you had to do was fucking listen. Why can't you just listen? And why couldn't you tell me I was wrong?" He asked.

Haven't I been doing that?

"I wish I never met you Noelle, because maybe then I wouldn't have hurt you," he whispered.

I had to bite my lip to stop myself from sobbing. If only he wasn't completely wasted right now, maybe then it would mean something.

A drunk man's actions are a sober man's thoughts.

But who knows how true that actually is?

I know I hate Daniel, but it still hurt to know he wish he never met me. Even if it was so he wouldn't hurt me, but it's too late now. No apology can fix what he's done to me.

I begged him to stop, and he just kept going.

I never want to see him again. There must be a way for me to leave him. I can't stay here and see him every day. Daniel's footsteps could be heard on the linoleum in the bathroom, and I took that as my chance.

Risking a glance, I saw that the door was closed, meaning he would be in there for a little bit, so I had to hurry.

Grabbing my clothes I wore before, I threw on my undergarments and that awful dress. I didn't even bother trying to grab my shoes.

Is my family looking for me?

Surely Daniel would be smart enough to call them and make it sound like everything was okay? Or maybe my old Alpha told them instead.

Rushing out as quietly as I could, I ran down the steps and into Aurelia. I let out a gasp of shock, and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Noelle! You can't be down here!" She whisper yelled.

I shook my head and let my tears fall.

"Please! I have to get out before he finds out I'm gone. Please Aurelia," I begged. She had to help me escape him. I know she's a kind person, she just has to help me leave.

She let out a sigh and looked around quickly.

"If I get you out of here, you can never come back. Do you hear me?" She asked.

I nodded feverishly.

"I mean ever. You can't go to your old pack, and you can't contact your family Noelle. You need to leave. Completely disappear off the grid. Am I making myself clear?" She repeated.

I couldn't see my family? My heart broke at the thought of never seeing them again, but I knew the risks of seeing them. Daniel could lash out and hurt them, and I could never forgive myself if anything happened to them.

Reluctantly, I gave her a firm nod.

"Okay, come on," she grabbed my shoulders and lead me down a hallway.

"I have some old clothes you can borrow. I want you to take my car, Daniel won't know it's gone for at least a week."

Aurelia opened the door to a garage, and she grabbed a set of keys to the little red car.

"There's a duffel filled with clothes in the trunk. My purse is in the front seat, you have access to my credit cards and cash. It's best if you pull money out of an ATM and only use cash," she informed while handing me the keys.

I couldn't thank her enough for all of this. I would be able to get away from this life I was forced into.

She handed me some clothes from the trunk, along with a pair of tennis shoes.

"Put these on, quickly," she ordered.

I began stripping and threw the clothes on as she continued speaking.

"I'll get ahold of my brother and tell him you're coming. Go to the Lycan Pack. He's the alpha there and he can help you. Tell him you're a friend of mine. He should be expecting you by then but just as a precaution make sure he knows I sent you."

She grabbed an extra phone out of her purse and typed something into it.

"This is my extra phone. Daniel also won't notice if this is missing. I just programmed his address into the navigation system. Do not call or even attempt to contact anyone. I'll get ahold of my brother some time tomorrow, which is when you should be arriving."

I was in awe of her kindness.

"Thank you," I said with much emotion. She offered me a small smile and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's the least I can do."

"Will you and Jasmine be okay?" I asked. I didn't want Daniel to be mad at them.

"We'll be okay. He won't mess with us," she said dismissively. Her eyes suddenly turned serious.

"I hope that one day he'll come to realize he's made a huge mistake. And I'm sorry for what he's put you through," she whispered.

I nodded and gave her one last hug.

"Now go, and don't stop. Only to get gas and then keep going. You're not safe from him until you reach the Lycan Pack," she said.

I once again nodded and then got into the car. She waved at me as I pulled out of the garage. I returned her wave, and then I began driving out of here.

The GPS system started directing me on where to go. All the while, my mind raced at the thought of the Lycan Pack. I've heard all the stories.

They're one of the strongest packs in the world. And the alpha, Aurelia's brother, happens to be a Lycan. What are the odds of that?

My family came to mind again. My mother, my father, and Harley.

I had to hold back my tears, right now I had to focus on getting to this pack. I needed to be there before worrying about anything else. Right now I just have to focus on my main task.

Arriving safely at the Lycan Pack.