Chapter 16

My mind still couldn't comprehend what had just happened.

I fiddled with the hem of my dress as I thought about everything.

Valerio was about to end it all, and I may have just saved his life.

"Noelle?"

I looked up from the edge of the bed to see Theo leaning against the door frame. He had a solemn and curious edge to his stare.

The last time we were alone, I had essentially rejected him. I rejected my mate because I was too scared of not being enough. It was reprehensible and selfish of me, but wouldn't it make me more selfish if I caved in to my urges? If I kept him for myself so that no other woman could ever have him?

"Is Valerio going to be okay?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation about anything but us.

Theo nodded his head and crossed his arms, all the while still staring at me. Oh how I wonder what that man is thinking right about now. Does he want me the way I want him? Or maybe he's realized I'm no match for Dahlia?

"He's hurting right now, but in time he'll be okay. I asked Braxton to stay with him so I could come check on you," he stated. I let out a sigh and looked down at my hands that were placed on my lap. Does he have to do this?

Do I have to be the one to end this?

I have to keep reminding myself why I'm here. My mate is abusive, and he wants me back. I can't keep bringing people into this, and I can't be with Theo right now. For his safety, and for my sanity, we can't be together. My head felt heavy as I picked it up to look at my mate.

My second chance.

"You don't have to check on me," I said shortly. I couldn't even bring myself to say his name. Maybe one day he'll understand why I'm doing this.

"Well as your mate it seems fitting for me to worry about you. What you just went through is-"

"What I just went through was to ensure the well-being of someone who I consider to be a friend. Yes, I was shocked and terrified and every synonym in between, but it was Valerio who held a gun to his head. So as shocked and terrified as I was, it's nothing compared to what he is going through right now. Instead of coming here and trying to be my shrink maybe you should go and help your friend. He needs you right now," I emphasized.

Theo seemed taken aback by what I had said, but he still stood in my room. He seemed determined to stay.

Why won't he just leave?

"And you don't?" he asked.

It didn't even take me a second.

"No. I don't need you."

And that's how long it took for his mood to change completely. The solemn and curious gaze turned into a dark and furious one. It incited a fear inside of me that only Daniel had before, and that scared me even more.

Did I just piss off the alpha of the Lycan Pack?

Theo was in front of me in two seconds flat, and he stood there for a good few seconds before dropping to his knees. He was so tall that he was actually eye level with me for once. His eyes bore into mine, and my heart rate increased more and more as the silence dragged on. His yellow eyes scanned mine for what seemed like days, but in reality it was only a minute.

Barely that, even.

"The Moon Goddess gave me a mate, and then a rogue took her from me. The Moon Goddess gave you Daniel, and then he abused you both mentally and physically. In any other circumstance, we would both be alone and fighting our own battles and blaming ourselves for the fate we're stuck with. The Moon Goddess gave us both a second chance, and you are that second chance for me, as I am yours." He grabbed my chin gently and pulled me closer so that our lips were mere inches apart.

I wanted to say something, but the pull I felt kept me silent.

"The first time I saw you, I wanted to do so many things to you. I imagined what it would be like to have you on my desk with your legs wrapped around me. I thought about the way you'd scream my name. It felt so wrong to think of another woman like that, but I couldn't get you out of my head. I've known you were my second chance mate, but I didn't know how or if I should say anything. I tried to ignore you, but you smell so fucking good. And in the kitchen, I could smell how aroused you were. God, only you could make me fall to my knees like this. Forgive me, I'm trying to control myself, but I want you so goddamn bad," he growled.

I was a panting mess by the time he finished talking. It would be so wrong for me to do anything with him. My mind felt so muddled, and frankly I knew there was no way I could make a rational decision right now. I had to try with every ounce of self control to deny him.

Before I could speak, his nose was on my neck, and he was inhaling my scent again.

"I can smell you right now. You're so fucking wet for me Noelle." I gasped at his crude language and felt myself get even more excited. What is he doing to me? I know that I have good self control, but I don't even know the meaning when he talks to me like that. His hand travelled down to my thigh and squeezed it tightly. I let out a small whimper, wanting his hand to be where I was aching for his touch.

I tried to reason with myself. I can't let things go this far with him. I have to be strong and tell him that I don't want to be with him, even if that's the furthest thing from the truth.

"Theo we-oh my god!" I cut myself off as his hand started rubbing slow circles on my heat. Pleasure coursed through my veins as he applied just a little more pressure.

"That's right baby, moan for me." He sucked and nipped on my neck as my hands latched onto his thick locks of hair. I was a panting and moaning mess as his hands brought me to the brink, only to slow down before I could have release.

I whimpered again and my hips bucked on their own accord.

"Give into me. Give into me and I'll make you cum so hard baby," he bargained as he started playing with me again.

I moaned into his neck and tried to use my brain to think about anything else besides the mind boggling pleasure I was feeling. His skilled fingers were working me into a frenzy, and I'm not sure I ever wanted him to stop.

"I can't," I gasped as he started rubbing me harder and faster.

His nose rubbed against my neck before he grabbed me by the backs of my thighs, and suddenly he was standing with my legs and arms wrapped around him for support. Before I knew what was happening, he slammed my back into the wall, and then both of my hands were being held above my head with just one of his.

Theo's other forearm was resting against the wall so he wouldn't crush me.

And the hard bulge in his pants was rubbing against my hot, wet center.

I looked up at the ceiling as he thrust against my core over and over. His lips kept kissing that sensitive spot on my neck, and all my inhibitions were lost. Any bit of denial I had was long gone, and the only thing I could think of was feeling that big member in me, filling me to the brim and fucking me so hard I didn't know my own name.

"Cum for me," he growled. My body listened to him like a dog obeys it's owner, and I came with a loud cry.