Chapter 9: Who Are You?

Asahi's Pov:
I looked at the boy in front of me, my little brother. I never knew I would have one, I am happy for once but I'm also curious. "Your name is Daichi correct and how old are you?" I asked making sure I wouldn't make a fool out of myself. "Y-yes and I'm 1-11." He responded shyly.

"Well, my name is Asahi. I-It's Japan for Morning Fire. Also your name is Japan for Earth, heh isn't that neat?" I said trying to start a conversation with him. "Y-yeah it is, Fire and Earth. That could be our nicknames or something!" He said finally with a smile on his face.

"S-So...you're an orphan?" I asked a bit hesitantly. This topic might be sensitive to him, I don't want him to be sad again. "Yeah..." he said lowering his tone of voice. "Mind if I ask how?" I asked him.

It's better to tell something your pain then to keep it a secret at least that's what my mom and dad said. "Well, my mom was supposed to give twins but my twin died and I was born with no problems." He said beginning his story.

I lead him to the couch where we sat. "Although the docters noticed my mother had some sort of deadly medical condition after I was born. When I was about 4 years old, my mom died." He said looking like he was about to cry.

"And your dad?" I asked noticing that he didn't say anything about that. "He never showed up when I was born. I remember my mother telling me he fell out of love with us." He explained and then looked down. I patted his shoulder showing some sympathy for him.

It must be hard to not have a father figure, I mean I don't have a mother figure but maybe he'll be able to experience what it's like to have a father. "Hey...we both lost a figure in our lives...I lost my mom to someone..." I started to say.

I felt a bit speechless but I tried to comfort him the best way possible. "I promise we'll both be together until the end of time and we'll both protect each and love each other like brother and sister do." I said while having a faint blush on face.

He nodded and we just fist bumped each other to show that we except the promise. "Hey that fistbump can be our thing!" He said very cheerfully this time.

[A/N: Why am I updating my books if no one notices or cares about them?]