Chapter 15: Learning In Silence

Sapphire's Pov:
We all fell asleep at around 11PM last night right now we woke up at 10 AM. Asahi managed to make fruit salad from the food that we packed. Surprisingly we had leftovers and we continued our journey to find out the secret of our parents' past. We took a lot of breaks in between since we were still all young.

"Hey guys, I've been meaning to tell you this..." I said taking out the book of destiny. "Well what is it?" Lily asked sitting on the ground playing with the grass. "It's just that I want to tell you how the book works." I responded looking at the first page.

"I guess we can learn a bit about this book before going to bed." Asahi said while setting up the tents. "Hey wait up for us!" Jeremy yelled out since both him and Daichi went to get wood for fire. As soon as everything was ready, we all sat around the campfire. It still surprises me that Asahi managed to make a fire at all.

"So how does the book work?" Daichi asked as waited for our food to prepare. "Well my mom and dad told me this and I'll trust them after all they keep this book safe at all times." I explained to which they nodded. I flipped to page one where it held an agreement with the person who was about sign and the original creator.

"Once you sign this book, you're fate has been sealed. You are not allowed to choose anything but this destiny. Once you are 18, your life will change for good. You will have all the traits and minds of your parents." I read from the book. I looked up to see shocked faces which kinda made me nervous.

"So...what you're saying is that when we sign one of our parents' destinies will actually become them?" Jeremy asked chuckling a bit as if he thought this was a joke. I nodded slowly, everything turned into silence. Nobody talked as we ate out food, it was silent as graveyard was.

We all went into tents and tried to get some sleep. I couldn't though, my thoughts raced around what I read. I probably guess that Asahi is not sleeping either. She never really did want to follow her father's destiny but she has no choice.

Or does she?