Chapter 18: That Girl Won't Be Me

Asahi's Pov:
A lot has been on my mind lately but that's normal I suppose. Currently me and my friends are trying to find the river. A river that is filled with trees and a field filled with different flowers. "Are we close, Sapphire?" Lily whined as her legs were trembling.

It's something I wanted to ask as well since we haven't took a break since morning and now it's 1 P.M. "Super close, we can make it there!" Sapphire exclaimed still leading the group. Both Daichi's and Lily's legs were trembling quite a bit and I can't blame them. They're much younger than us which means they'll get tired easily.

"Jeremy!" I said to him giving him a wink. Surprisingly he got the message and went over to Lily. He picked her up and put her on his back basically giving her a piggy back ride. I looked to my brother and he shook his head once he noticed Jeremy and Lily. "No thanks sis, exploring is so much fun when you're walking!" He said continuing to walk.

I just chuckled and continued to drown in my own thoughts. Specifically about the book and my destiny, my father's destiny. Must I really be the next him? After all, Sapphire will have to bother me and tease me a lot. Not to mention giving me a stupid, insult-ish, nickname. Lily will probably be bothered by me and think I'm stupid.

Jeremy, we won't talk like at all, we'll have zero conversations most of the time basically invisible to one another. My dearest brother, we won't meet up with each other much unless it's for some stupid video. I don't really love my father's history with my friends' parents. He seemed to have been bullied quite a lot but really doesn't care and brushes it off.

Not really knowing the damage that was done to his ego, personality, and self esteem. Is that really the life, I'm destined for? I take off my father's cape and look at it for a second. "I'm not you're morning fire anymore.." I mumbled to which no one heard thankfully. I put it around my waist by making a knot with the ends of the cape.

"We're here!" Sapphire exclaimed and I snapped back to reality. The others were just in shock of the scene in front of them. "Woah, it's beautiful!" I exclaimed. In front of us was a river and next to it was a field covered in flowers and two trees. Butterflies were flying and dancing around the field.

"It's like something out of a fairy tale!" Lily said running towards the field. Jeremy and Sapphire followed after her leaving me and Daichi. "But does that mean, we'll have a happy ending?" He asked turning to me. "Only time will tell now come on!" I replied grabbing his hand and running towards the others.

Maybe we might have a happy ending but life isn't a fairy tale, right?