Tease Him

Isabella | Vincent

7.

             "Vincent, stop." I sniffled, my voice sounding hoarse and disgusting. I cleared my throat. "Don't worry, I'm fine,"

             "You're not fine, your crying. That asshole is a dead man walking," he seethed angrily through his teeth.

I walked out of the party with my head down and decided to just walk home. I'll tell Ella when I'm home that I left. I let out a soft laugh. "There's that cute laugh. God, I miss you, Bella." He sighed heavily. "I just want to see you. Time is going by so slow. I think I want to see you sooner than 6 months,"

"I wish," I said truthfully wishing I could just see Vincent and be near him. "But I guess we just have to wait until then,"

"Send me a photo of you. I wanna see you," I could picture him smiling that adorable smile where his dimples show.

"Will you send me one too?"

"I knew you'd ask that," he chuckled. God, it sounded sexy. Curse you time, why can't you go faster?! "You know I will,"

"Okay, as soon as I get home. I'm almost there," I continued to walk down the street that leads to my house, panting in the process.

             "Wait, are you walking home?" He asked. "Isn't it like 8 in the evening there?"

             "Is Vincent worried about me?" I asked in a little baby's voice.

             "Yes!" He answered immediately. "Your damn right I'm worried about you. I'll stay on the phone with you until you get home,"

             I smiled feeling all warm inside. Vincent knows how to make me feel special and I feel like he can take care of me. He gives me that confidence in myself that I lost a while ago. "Vincent," I breathed deeply.

           "Yeah, Bells?"

           I took a deep breath in. "Thank you for caring about me."

            There was a long pause on the other end before he replied. "You're seriously thanking me because I care about you? Bella, it's my fucking pleasure,"

             "You're really making this so much harder, Vincent. Why can't you just be here?" I whined dramatically earning him to laugh. A sound I could definitely get used to.

             "Maybe it's a good thing I'm not. There's a saying; good things come to those who wait. I guess we just have to be patient and it'll all be worth it."

             "Your right." I agreed instantly. "So, tell me about your parents? Family? Do you work or just study? I wanna know more about you,"

             Again, there was a long pause on the other end. I could hear his soft breaths so I knew he was still there. "My parents died when I was only young. I had to grow up with my aunt and uncle. By the time I was 19, I had saved up enough money to move out on my own. I met Lewis my best friend in high school. He moved in with me and now we live together. As for the work part, I'm not working at the moment, no. Just studying at music school."

             I was shocked that I knew so little about him. My heart ached for him about his parents. "Vincent, I—"

             "If you're going to apologise, don't." His tone was low and hushed, almost as if he were whispering. "You didn't know. You're just asking, so don't worry. What about you? What is there that I don't know yet?"