Chapter 53: New Directions

Sort of a SPOILER but not really because it happens at the very beginning... but when they sing "Wannabe" it's essentially the same thing as when they did it on the show except Brittany's parts go to Julie and Tina's go to Bree. Other than that, it's the same basically. Also, this will officially be the final chapter of this story. But don't worry because I have already decided on the sequel and it will definitely be happening. In fact, I will start on it as soon as I submit this so grab some tissues and, of course... Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent as much of my weekend as I could with Cory and my dad. And then when we returned for the last week of school, we had to start packing everything up. We finally got a break after school for more music when Kurt and Mercedes began the next assignment: New Directions. Mr. Schue said it was time to look into the future, and with everyone-- minus Tina-- having a plan for the fall, it was time to set sail with new music. So they sang "I Am Changing" and we all knew they wanted Rachel and Santana to make up with this number. But they didn't. 

The next day, Holly asked us to join her for a number. Only Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, Quinn, Mike, me, and Mr. Schue joined her though. I was only able to because I had a free period during the number. And it was so fun! The woman knew how to have fun! She threw the Animal Husbandry club a foam party! I'm not sure why, but it was fun. My only concern was with how close Mr. Schue and Holly were during our performance of "Party All The Time." He was lucky Mrs. Schuester was out-of-town.

I stayed out of the choir room for as long as I could, not wanting to get caught up in any more of it if it was just going to end soon. It wasn't bittersweet for me. Just bitter.

It wasn't until I passed by the choir room, which was filled with lilies for whatever reason, and heard a ballad performance of "Loser Like Me," a song the original members wrote for a Regionals competition, by Tina, Sam, Artie, Cory, and Blaine, that I realized I couldn't just give up. They were leaving but I was here to stay. And I needed the glee club. So did the others. So as we were rallied up for the next song during lunch, I dragged Sugar down to the choir room to watch, "Be Okay" by Santana and Rachel. They had certainly made up. People were surprised to see Sugar walk in but they welcomed her with open arms. I told them she was here to be a part of the final celebrations. 

We didn't meet up again until after school, when Quinn and Puck sang, "Just Give Me a Reason," which I really wanted to sing but was glad had seen them do it. As they sang, I noticed Finn and Rachel, Mike and Tina, and Kitty and John glancing at each other and couldn't help but look over at Ryder and then at Sam.

Quinn announced that she was dating Puck, and then Mr. Schue said that that was the last song of glee club. Ever. So I took a stand and said, "Wait, we have an announcement." I went to the center of the room, followed by Ryder, John, Jake, Marley, Bree, Kitty, and Unique. Quinn and Puck moved out of the way.

"We were hoping," I told Sugar once everyone was quiet. "That you will come back to the club with your superpower: money."

The rest of the room was confused. "I was waiting for you to ask!" exclaimed Sugar. "Ever since Nationals I was wondering whether you'd all find the money somehow or not so I didn't say anything. Also, I don't have any classes around here and it wasn't worth the walk, so I just waited. And thankfully you all came to me before I bought myself an island with my allowance instead."

"How much allowance do you get?" asked Blaine.

"A quarter of a million dollars a month," she said. Finn whistled.

"Sugar I can't--" Mr. Schue started.

"If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made any friends here," Sugar told him. "I already talked it out with my daddy and he said if this was what I chose to do he'd support it. And this is what I choose to do."