DOLLS- Chapter 2

My Last DOLL

Chapter 2

Scarlett's POV

The sack was taken off my head and I was completely shocked at what I saw. I looked around and my eyes couldn't take in so much color. The walls were a bright blue with pink polka dots on them, to my right there was a white desk. A couple feet ahead of me there was a pink door, I assume it was a closet. I was too amazed with the color to see someone sitting next to me. Wait, someone was sitting next to me! I jerked my head to the left and observed the man next to me.

He looked about late 20's. His black hair was brushed nicely, his skin looked smooth and tan. He was skinny and had mesmerizing brown eyes. He smiled and showed his perfectly whitened teeth.

"Hello, I am Jack." I winced at the sound of his voice. It was deep and dark but made me feel almost safe. No!

"Do you talk?" Jack smiled and moved his hand to my bleeding one. "It looks bad but I'm sure we can fix it up soon."

"I-It h-hurts." I stuttered.

"So you do talk." He looked at the door impatiently. "Listen, I will go to my office for some stuff to fix that wound. While I am gone, could you put on the outfit I have for you in the closet?" I just nodded and he smiled again. Jack slowly got up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Once he left I looked at the closet door. I slowly got up and walked toward it, the wooden floor was perfect and shiny. I opened the closet and saw a dress on a hanger. I quickly took it off of the hanger and put it on the bed. I pulled my black T-shirt off and managed to take off my suffocating old skinny jeans. I threw the clothes on the ground including my old tennis shoes.

I pulled the dress over me, once it was on I looked in a body mirror inside the closet door and looked in awe. The dress was puffy at the bottom and stopped right before my knees. The sleeves stopped at my shoulders and had ruffles right on them. The dress wasn't low cut at all, and it almost looked like a doll outfit.

Scarlett! What the hell are you doing? I mentally yelled at myself. I turned to the left and saw a window, I ran quickly to it and looked outside. I could'nt see anything, I got my good hand and started hitting it as hard as I could. But it wouldn't break, I began using both hands and using all my strength to break it. There was nothing, I tried to think really hard about it. The door! I thought to myself. I quickly turned and walked forward only to fall down.

"Oww!" I whined and stood back up rubbing my head. When I looked at what it was Jack was standing there. Jack leaned over me with a frown on his face, he walked closer to me and I walked backwards until I hit the window. Jack was now inches away and his face leaned into mine, both of his arms were on the opposite side of me.

"Please, don't do this to me. You are my last doll, you have to stay. You are too perfect to lose." His breath smelled like peppermint, shivers ran down my back. I just nodded my head and put my head down. Jack softly grabbed my good hand and brought me to the bed. We both sat down, I tried to sit as far away from him as possible. "Your hand must hurt badly, may I see it?" I slowly held it out to him and clenched my jaw. He must have noticed my furious shaking because his hand quickly grabbed mine to stop it.

Jack slowly rolled a tray over to us, and grabbed a silver tool off the tray. He slowly picked out all the shards of glass out my hand. I winced at the pain but I could tell he was trying to be gentle, he looked up at me but I still kept my head down. How am I supposed to leave? I debated with myself, the window is obviously not an option. The glass it too thick to break with my hands. His voice was ringing in my head 'You are to perfect to lose.' At this point I felt sick to my stomach. I looked around the room but there is nothing I could use to get away except for my bare hands, but we all know how that worked out.

"So what's your name?" Jack looked back down to my hand, still taking out glass.

"Scarlett." I left it at that.

"Oh, that's a beautiful name." His face was straight so I couldn't tell if he meant it. "Would you like to keep it?" I jerked my head up to him, looking confused.

"I suppose?"

"Ok. Well Scarlett your hand is finished. I just have to bandage it then we can get you fixed." Jack smiled but I found nothing to smile about.

"Fixed? I don't understand." I looked in his eyes for a split second then turned away.

"Yes, you have to look exactly like my doll Scarlett. You should be happy my dolls didn't come with names, but I would do anything for you to be happy." He smiled going back to wrapping up my hand.

"Jack, you know what would make me happy?" I looked up at him but he didn't move, so I decided to continue. "If, somehow, I could go home."

"You are home Scarlett." Jack slowly stood up and looked at the door.

"Why do you keep looking at the door?" I tried to ask as sweetly as I could. Jack turned widend eyes, I regret asking.

"Mother. hates. dolls." He slowly whispered. Jack grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. We quickly went out the door;everything was dark. Jack turned to me and placed his index finger over his lips to keep quiet. I quickly obeyed and tried to be as quiet as possible. We kept going down halls, all I could do was follow. We finally came into a dark room, it was cold in the room and you could hear nothing. Jack placed his hand on my back and motioned me to go inside. I quickly ran in and turned around to see him lock us inside.

"Please lay down." Jack smiled motioning toward a hospital bed under a large lamp. I shook my head furiously; he didn't find my refusal cute. He lunged toward me and grabbed my arm, I began to scream until he placed his hand on my mouth, muffling my noise. Jack literally picked me up and dropped me on the bed, my head hit the hard part of the bed and I whimpered from the pain. Jack pinned me down and strapped me in with leather buckles, I felt completely uncomfortable. A blurring light was turned on over me, Jack came closer and sat in a chair next to me. I felt like I was in a dentist office, I hate the dentist.

"Stay still Scarlett." Jack shushed me, he grabbed some tweezers and started plucking my eyebrows. I kept as quiet as I could, just in case he decided to do something crazy. After a couple minutes of crying and plucking he moved to my legs. He rubbed his hands against my legs, they obviously needed to be shaved and I was embarrassed. I felt something liquid and hot poured on my legs, followed by paper. He was waxing my legs! Now this was even more embarrassing.

After more hot wax and more peeling he moved to my arms. Jack waxed those too. I was then released from my torture bed, I rubbed my silky arms and my legs. My eyes went to him, he grabbed my hand and slowly brought me to a chair a couple feet away from the bed. I hesitantly sat in the chair, Jack came behind me and started playing with my hair. Oh no, please don't cut my beautiful long brown hair! But my thoughts were ignored, Jack pulled out scissors and started snipping my hair. I couldn't tell what he was doing. He came in front of me and started snipping bangs. Once he was done he held a mirror to me and I was completely shocked.

All of my precious hair was much shorter, it went from my down my back to my shoulders. The bangs were straight across and were just above my eyes. I felt a tear come down my face, Jack hesitantly wiped it softly away with his finger.

"Scarlett, are you getting sleepy?" Jack smiled in the mirror, I nodded slowly. He then brought me out of the room and eventually to the polka dot room. "Please lay down." Jack pointed to my bed that was also polka dots. I slowly went under the covers and looked at Jack. He smiled and sat beside me, Jack touched my hand but I quickly pulled away. He leaned over to me and kissed my forehead. I pushed my head to the side, his smile turned into a frown.

"Maybe soon you will appreciate me." Jack's voice was trembling. Jack slowly took something out of his pocket. "This is so you can't leave me, to keep you safe." He strapped it around my ankle. After that, he slowly made his way out the door and turned off the light. I cried myself to sleep.

Thanks for reading :)