DOLLS- Chapter 10

DOLLS

Chapter 10

Closer to Freedom

Scarlett's POV

The next couple days I've been overly paranoid. Everything Georgia and Jack had was over and things became rough. Whenever Georgia would pass by I would completely ignore her and stick up my nose. I was acting like one of those prissy girls at school, I didn't want to be like that. Everything just seemed confusing. Jack would begin yelling and shouting at us, and if it wasn't yelling it would be whispering. Jack seemed overly frustrated with Georgia.

Once a week passed by I decided I needed to talk to Georgia about what I saw. I walked into the kitchen, it was cleaning day and I checked to see what I was going to clean. 'Scarlett in kitchen with Georgia.' Now I would have to talk to her. I sighed and walked into the kitchen, I wasn't sure if I was really going to do it. When we were cleaning I had those moments when you are determined you are going to do something but when it comes you can't do it. Overly frustrated, I bit my hand and sighed in defeat.

"Spit it out Scarlett." Georgia seemed stern and kept her back facing me while cleaning the dishes and humming a little tune. I bit my lip and looked around like I didn't hear her. "Scarlett?"

I looked her up and down and shut my eyes while saying it. "I saw you and Jack hooking up in the hallway." I spit it out very quickly and almost hard to understand. Georgia stopped humming and turned toward me. Georgia's eyes were shocked and almost embarrassed.

"Scarlett, you have to understand that I didn't have a choice." Georgia looked deep into my eyes but I avoided contact. I shook my head and looked away.

"You have a choice to leave." I mumbled and crossed my arms.

"That's a suicide mission and you know it." Her eyebrows connected and she pointed a finger at me. "I can't put my girls endanger."

The word lingered in my mind, my girls? I shook my head and looked at her blush on her cheek bones. Maybe she knows why Jack is so angry.

"Why is Jack so angry with you." I was like an interviewer, going quickly through the questions.

"I can't tell you that." Georgia broke contact and looked at the floor.

"Georgia you can tell me." I walked a step toward her and she took a step back.

"It isn't for sure yet." Her fingers held the counter and she tightened her grip. "We don't know."

"We?" I cocked my head "You and Jack?"

"Yes." She left the answer dull and I craved for more.

"You can trust me." I said quietly and looked at my feet.

"Maybe another day." She smiled and went back to cleaning the dishes.

While rolling my eyes I walked out the room and felt bricks being lifted off my shoulders. The tension in that room was so high. I sighed in relief and walked into the living room. I looked at Chloe cleaning and then to the television. I haven't watched the news since what I saw about Ryan. I closed my eyes, inhale, exhale, inhale, and exhale. I breathed out, walked to the couch and fell on top of the soft fabric. I moaned in frustration and Chloe's eyes traced towards me. I grabbed the remote and pressed the power button. Suddenly colors appeared on the screen and a random channel distracted me for a couple of seconds. My thumb traced the remote and found the channel button. I was still unfamiliar with the remote and struggled to find the news channel.

After a couple of long minutes I found the channel and had the weather woman on the map. She explained that we were going to have a huge storm and staying indoors would be the best option. I sighed and looked at the black window. I love storms. Chloe then left the room and went into the kitchen. I watched as she strolled out with no comment. My attention was then to the television, my name was plastered on the screen along with a photo of me and my dad. But instead it just showed my smiling face, cropped away from my dads green shirt. I always hated that shirt.