DOLLS- 22 The Final Chapter

DOLLS

THE FINAL CHAPTER

Future

Scarlett's POV

It's been five years since our incident. It doesn't feel like it's been very long. I still feel the pain of that moment. Kaitlyn, my sweet sister has grown to be a beautiful girl. Her light brown hair always curled up to her shoulders. I decided to keep my hair short. It was a good look, except the bangs. I kept in touch with Georgia, until she died in a car accident. It was a tragic time in my life. Her son, well now my son. His name is Jason.

A very well groomed boy I should say. It changed my life forever. I was a little timid at first. Having a son was the last on my list until I finished college. I'm only 21, but I've gotten help from Georgia's family. They're so sweet, I was thinking about handing the baby over to them. But it was Georgia's command and I wasn't going to break it.

I'm now in school to be a dentist. It has always fascinated how they work with all the tools. Ryan wants to be a construction designer. I have no idea why, he says he wants to build our family a large home in the mountains. Somewhere Jason can play and feel safe with us. I don't plan on telling him what happened to his mom, at least not until he's older and understands what I am telling him.

Ryan asked if I could do this on my own. I know I can, I'm not weak. I stepped out of my car and on the fall, crisp grass. The dry wind hit my face with enough force to cause an expression with shock. I bundled up in my jacket and walked closer. I looked down to my foot. I now have a prosthetic leg, it was tough but I made it through everything. I made my way onto the cement ground. Everything was the same,except the fact that the whole place is burned down. The memory was pictured in my head. The bright colors and the smells of that bathroom.

"Hello, Stranger!" I smiled at that voice. I turned around and saw Delilah in front of me.

"It's been too long, I haven't seen you since-" I cut myself short and looked at my foot.

"The funeral?" I nodded at Delilah. Her red hair was straightened, she wore a purple head band, with a jacket, and jeans with fuzzy black boots.

"Thanks for coming, I knew it would be easier with someone who knew." She gave me a warm smile and walked closer towards me and held my hand.

"Let's do it together." She encouraged me and walked me toward the left farther onto the cement. We made it to the middle of the cement ground. Burn marks scattered around the ground and chills run up my spine.

"It doesn't feel right." Delilah randomly quoted, what did she mean? "You lost your leg, Everyone died. I just feel like I should've been the one to die."

"Delilah, none of this is your fault. Don't feel that way, fate brought us here." Did I just say that?

"I see where your coming from. Oh, here it's!" Delilah scattered to an opening. It was the box.

"Do we just go down?"

"Sure, I don't see why not." I shrugged and looked inside.

"I might have flash light in the car." Delilah quickly ran to her car and back. She illuminated the light and quickly stepped inside. I looked around to see if anyone was watching. I don't know why I accused that because nobody lives here anymore. "Come down Scarlett!"

I shivered and stepped inside, following Delilah. The whole place was dark and wet. Once I reached the bottom I looked up to the sky.

"Are you okay?" Delilah ran her hand down my arm. I nodded in return.

"Do you know anything about this?" I questioned looking around the dark room.

"I'm sure the police moved everything out." Delilah moved the light to the corner of the room. "Everything is gone!" Delilah shouted and wrapped her arms around her chest.

"Delilah, I understand you were looking for closure. But Ja- Jack is dead."

"The police told me they found bodies out in the woods... Of the other girls."

I shivered and folded my arms across my stomach. This was creepy enough, now I know those girls in the pictures existed.

"It's Jack, he want's us to be his perfect dolls." Kaylnn walked over to me and stood on her knees. "He isn't right in the head, he doesn't know he ruined our lives."

The memory never escaped my mind. That was my first day here, it was a good thing Ryan didn't come here. I didn't want to break down and cry in front of him.

"His sentence to prison was life. Instead he died a very painful death." I put out there, hoping to make her feel better. Ryan's twitching body under the unbearable flames came into mind.

"I wish I could watch him die." Delilah's jaw clenched and she then turned to me and tightened her fists.

"No, you don't. It was horrible, no sane person would want to watch that!" I spat at her in a hissing tone. Why was I here? I wanted to be here, to have closure as well. But this isn't giving me closure. It's just making the pain worse.

"Delilah, I think we should forgive Jack." I watched her expression very closely. Her lips moved to the left and loosened her grip. Frustration entered her facial feature and she knew that I was right. She sighed and walked over to me. I didn't know what to expect from her, she was unpredictable! Her arms wrapped around my neck and breathed in my scent.

"You always know the right thing to do, Scarlett." She whispered in my ear I just smiled.

That day Delilah and I drove to the cemetery where Chloe was laid to rest. We both sat and talked about the good moments we had. Even though they were very short moments. We then walked to Jacks grave. I guess he wanted to be buried in a box. I heard his ashes were placed in his coffin with memories of him.

I stood at the grave and prayed to myself. I don't remember most of my words but I do remember forgiving him for what he did to us. Delilah said her peaceful words and quickly walked away. For some reason I felt pity on this man. I hope he knows I am forgiving him now, wherever he is beyond death. Once I was finished I walked away and stood beside Delilah.

"Thanks for coming with me." I smiled and half hugged her.

"We have to stick together, forever, Scarlett." Delilah held my hand and walked with me through the cemetery. I smiled in agreement.

The End.