DOLLS- Chapter 12

Chapter 12

What did he do to you?

Scarlett's POV

I woke up with a pain in my head, my mouth was dry and my lips were parted. To my right I could make out Kaylnn's figure still sleeping. What happened last night? My memory was slowly coming back to me: the door, Jack standing there, and he got someone. It wasn't Georgia, so who was it? I looked at the door, Jack must've gone to work by now. My shaking body stood up and slowly walked through the bathroom's closet, door. It was dark and everything seemed to be, normal. Whatever that meant. I managed to make it to the door and flipped the switch, to my suprise nothing was even touched. When I looked in the mirror my hair was a crazy mess. I grabbed the brush and roughly pulled it through my bedhead. Once it was 'ok' I turned around to the closet door, I really wanted to wake Kaylnn up. My hand cupped my mouth and checked my breath. Nasty!

Quickly grabbing the tooth brush and toothpaste, I roughly tried to brush the stench away. When I pursed my lips at the faucet, I quickly flipped my head up swishing the water in my mouth. I then leaned over again to spit the water out. When I lifted my head up, the door was opened. Gasping, and trying not to scream was like standing in front of a moving train, and standing your ground.

My eyes jerked to the human figure by the door leading out. Kaylnn was peeking out the door and breathing slowly. She then closed the door and leaned against the wall, sighing in relief. Her eyes then went to mine, panick began growing and I wanted to just die already.

"I don't see anyone; I don't think Jack is here." Kaylnn whispered, I could barely make out the words she said; but I knew enough to know it was safe.

"Can we go out of the room?" My question startled Kaylnn. I don't think she was planning on leaving until someone came to get us. Kaylnn tensed up; I walked toward the door and looked out for myself. Everything was just dark, nothing in sight. We didn't even know if it was morning, because of the fact that we couldn't see through the windows. I closed the door.

"Did you know that this house was inside a building?" I asked directly, raising my whisper a little.

"Yes." Kaylnn sat where she was leaning beside the door. I sat across from her leaning my head against the wall. The scent of strawberries dissapeared while worry filled my mind.

"I knew, but Georgia threatened us by filling our heads with lies. She said someone looked out and they died the next day. I didn't believe but.... I don't know what to say now." Kaylnn rubbed the temples of her head in frustration.

"Did you know about Georgia and Jack?" I spit it out and completely regretted it after I saw Kaylnn's face.

"Now you have to tell me." Kaylnn's wide eyes convinced me she wouldn't let it go.

"I saw them hooking up just over a week ago." I felt like a horrible person when I told her Georgia's secret.

"Do you think she could be pregnant?" Kaylnn's question was completely ridiculous, I wanted to slap her right then.

"No, that's crazy." My mouth was wide open and I felt she was going crazy. "Do you think it's safe?" I changed the subject, Kaylnn shrugged and looked at the door beside us.

I slowly stood up and opened the door, exposing the light to enter into the hallway. My tall shadow went across the railings and ended at the bottom of the stairs. I looked back to Kaylnn and waved her toward me. Kaylnn slowly stood up and followed my every move. I had a fear that if something popped out, Kaylnn would push me and run. Every few seconds I would look behind me and watch Kaylnn hunch in fear. To think I expected more bravery from her, now that I think of it; everyone that lasts a day in here is brave. I felt myself breathe slowly in and out as we walked to the bedrooms. The first door was Delilah, I forced my shaking hand to do a soft knock. No one answered. Second was Georgia, Kaylnn whimpered as she softly knocked on the wood. No one answered. Third was Kaylnn's room, no one answered. Fourth was my room, no answer. The last room was Chloe's room, I held my breath and softly knocked on the wood. Nothing, I sighed and wondered where everyone was. That's when I heard a click coming from a locked door behind us. Delilah walked out of Georgia's room. I smiled and ran to her in my bare feet, my arms roughly strangled her waist into a bear hug. Delilah hugged me back much more gently and let go while smiling at me.

"Where's Georgia? Chloe?" I whispered, cutting some slack in our hug.

"Georgia is still sleeping, I will get her." Delilah turned on her heels before I grabbed her arm.

"Chloe isn't with you?" I asked in a worried tone.

"No, I thought she was with you." Delilah's eyebrows knotted together and looked behind Kaylnn to sadly find no one.

"Ok." My eyes then closed, I felt a tear force its way through my eyelids and roll down my cheek.

"I will check the rooms." Kaylnn rubbed my arm and walked into each room.

How could this happen, its all my fault. I looked out the door; I took it farther than neccesary, and I should've taken the fall. I grunted under my breath and saw Delilah in the room shaking Georgia. A door opening caught my attention, Kaylnn walked out my room and entered Chloe's. Why did I go out in the woods with Ryan? I knew something would happen. I am such a paranoid freak, but I never listen to myself. That's when loud muffled sobbing caught my attention, I looked at Delilah who was still getting Georgia up. My attention turned to Chloe's room, slowly making each step I peered into the room, a figure was laying while Kaylnn was crying. I flipped on her light and ignored the colorful walls. Kaylnn didn't give me any attention and I knew something was wrong. My legs forced my shaking body to the bed as I saw Chloe laying there without moving.

Chloe's body was so still I thought she might have been dead. Her lips, oh no her lips were sewn together by a thick black string. A pink lipstick was freshly applied and she was in a new dress. My mouth was wide open and I also began to cry, I cursed in between my sobs and leaned against her body.

"What did he do to you?" Chloe opened her big eyes and looked at me with regret and pain.

A tear slipped through both eyes, I shook my head and held her cold hand tightly. I had a feeling she already knew what that monster did to her.

______________________________

Big thanks to my editor: Strong42long you are awesome. :)