Mole

Sharon's POV

I didn't killed his mom; it was an accident. The gun went off and she was dead. I pulled her body out to the woods and left her there, wrapped in a black bed sheet. I had already received the false identities and done a makeover. I couldn't even recognize myself. My blonde hair was now black and I was tan. I loved it.

When I got back to the States, I rented an apartment not too far from the mansion. If I sat on my patio, I had a perfect view of it.

There were more security guards so it would be very difficult to get in unseen. Emma even had a personal bodyguard who followed her around in public if Ethan wasn't with her. It was going to be difficult to get her alone now. And rumor had it that she was pregnant again— with bloody twins!

My blood boiled and my jaw tightened looking at the huge mansion, sitting there on the hill like a kingdom, mocking me with its presence. I wanted to burn it to the ground with Ethan and Emma inside!

__________________
Ethan's POV

I was in my office at work when a phone call came in.

"Ethan Hollen," I answered.

"Mr. Hollen, this is Italian Interpol. We've found a body matching the description of your mother, but without someone to identify her..."

I didn't hear the rest. It took me a moment to digest what I heard from the other end of the phone.

My mother is dead?

A part of me was hurting. Even after all she'd done, she was still my mother. She gave birth to me. Now she was just gone from the world. Where was Sharon? She was supposed to be with her.

"What about the other accomplice?" I asked.

"We've yet to locate her."

"How did my mom die?"

"A bullet to the stomach. She was left out in the woods. Some tourist hikers discovered the body. We searched the area and found a small house we believed was occupied by the two."

"I'll be there to identify the body. If it's indeed her, I'll want her shipped to the U.S. for further investigation and autopsy. And, of course, her burial."

"Thank you, Mr. Hollen."

"Thanks for calling."

I rubbed my temples. I couldn't believe how my world had turned upside down in just some months. I didn't know how I was going to break this news to Emma. I didn't want to upset her or frighten her with all this drama. I wanted her to feel safe and protected. I didn't want a repeat of what happened. She was now pregnant with my children and I would kill for her and my kids.

I left work immediately, something in the back of my mind telling me to go home to my fiancee.

When I got home I found her and Halley in the dinning room having pancakes with strawberries.

"You're home early," she greeted with a smile. She had the prettiest smile ever.

"Yeah. Baby, there's something we have to talk about. Halley can you excuse us?"

She left.

"What's going on?"

"I got a phone call from the Italian police today. They found my mom."

"Oh my. What about Sharon?"

I shook my head.

"Well, I hope your mom tells them where she is."

Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Babe, are you alright?"

"My mom is dead, Emma."

There was silence, as if the world had stopped everything.

"Oh my, baby, I'm so sorry to hear that," she said and comforted me. "How did she die?"

"She was shot in her stomach and left out in the woods."

"Do you think that Sharon did that to her?"

"Sharon doesn't have a —" 

I rushed to my office and opened my safe. My revolver was missing. 

She must have taken it when we left her to pack up her things that day.

"Fuck!" I slammed my fists onto my desk.

"Baby," Emma said from behind me, "calm down."

I didn't wanted to tell her about the missing gun. I knew it would frighten her. I breathed in and out, calming myself. She placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I need you to get packed," I told her softly.

"Where are we going?"

"I have to go to Italy to identify the body. Nana can't do that and I can't get a hold of my father. I'll have to do it, but I'm not leaving you behind like the last time. You're coming with me. I'll also bring along three bodyguards so you'll feel safe. I'll call Hexx."

"When are we leaving?"

"Tonight. We'll return in a few days. I don't want us gone for too long so pack light."

"Okay."

She left and I called Hexx to have the private jet ready for Italy within the next two hours. Anton, Luis and Brad would be accompanying us. I wasn't taking any chances. 

______________

We arrived in Italy at night fall. Emma was already exhausted, jet lagged and puzzled by the time difference when we checked into a hotel. She went to bed immediately. I left Anton and Brad to guard her door while I went to the police station with Luis.

"You know, boss, I think we're missing a step here."

"What do you mean Luis?"

"I think there's a leak in the midst of this escapade. I just have a gut feeling that someone is dirty."

"Hmm. You could be right, or it's all just coincidence."

"You once told me that you don't believe in coincidences, sir."

"Come on, this is my mom we're talking about. She had access to my mansion because she was my mother, and she preferred Sharon over Emma. Of course she would use her power to get Emma out of my life."

"I hope you're right about that."

I wanted to be right but something wasn't adding up for me either and I had a feeling in the pit of stomach too. I knew of all my outside enemies, but I didn't know who was my inside enemy.

________________
Sharon's POV

The phone rang.

"Hello."

"They found her, and he left with his little wife-to-be to identify the body."

"We knew this would happen eventually."

"So, what now?"

"Stick with the plan and keep me posted."

"Okay."

"Bye."

_________________________
FROM THE AUTHOR:

-can you guess who's the inside enemy?