5

"Two martinis straight up, three Jack Daniels on the rocks and three Johnnie Walker's green label, please. VIP room four." Seif ordered at the bar and turned around, leaning against the table. Mason House, the fashionable, French-themed nightclub, located in the heart of Mayfair, was in full-swing tonight. Some American rapper was performing and the member's only club was crowded. He sighed, running his hand through his hair, pulling on the strands to relieve tension. He straightened up, ready to head back when someone grabbed his arm.

"Mate, stay here. Let's talk." Sief looked up to see his best friend Rafael, smiling brightly at him. Far too brightly. Rafael was already sitting on one of the stools.

Seif sighed. "Talk about what, exactly?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"Well, something must have crawled up your ass. You've been in a bad mood for over three consecutive days now."

Seif sighed, shaking his head. He looked at the dance floor below, and at all the people dancing. There was a moment of silence between them, as they both watched the bodies grind against each other.

"How do you know she's that bad. She could be great for you."

"What?"

"Your new wife. You know, the one you've been bitching about all night. How do you know she isn't the perfect one for you? You haven't even given her a chance, yet."

Seif laughed. "Rafa, don't give me that shit. Trust me, there is no such thing as perfect, or the one. And, especially her. She's anything but the one for me. She's...a whore." He finished, plastering a disgusted look into his face.

"Whore? Dio mio. It hasn't even been a week and she's already cheated?" Rafael asked, taking a sip of his drink. Seif scrunched up his eyebrows, now turning around and leaning onto the table. Honestly, he had no clue as to whether she had been unfaithful or not. Did she have a boyfriend? Or, perhaps she was a one-night stand kind of girl. But, she didn't seem like one. But, then again she was very famous in the aristocratic society. He shook his head. It didn't matter. He didn't care. "So, she's not a whore?"

"It doesn't matter. She's...a gold digger."

Now, it was Rafael's turn to laugh. "And, where exactly did you conjure that one up from?" He asked, sarcastically. "Seif, her family is loaded. Her family owns Arazi Group, one of the top property development firms world-wide, worth billions. And, is her mother not a fashion designer for Kenzō Takada? Remember when you had that detective stalk her out to figure out her financial position and how she could possibly marry a stranger? I doubt she agreed to this marriage for your money. That's implausible."

"Yes, and that detective also told me how she had been refusing to take money from her parents ever since graduating from LSE. That proud bitch. And, it's not like she works either. So, of course, marrying into another family worth billions was her only viable option. And luckily, it just happened to be her grandfather who was psychopathic enough to create this contract."

"Seif, you don't even-"

"Wait, it makes sense now." Seif sat up, eyes wide. "She's planning on taking half. She's planning on making me divorce her so she gets half of Zohair Enterprise! Why that-"

"Seif, slow down. You're not making sense. Why would someone do that? She's giving her happiness up, too."

Seif scoffed. "As if happiness matters when you're rich. Didn't you see how fucking delighted she looked at the wedding? Smiling so brightly and enthusiastically. She looked over the fucking moon! And, I shit you not; behind her million-dollar smile, she must have been counting her new net-worth. She scored, man. She fucking scored. That whore-" He groaned aloud, slamming his fist on the table. "She has ruined my life. I despise her."