11

Aliyah rinsed her hand in the sink. She had just finished cleaning Xiomara's bathroom. It was her first time doing such a task and she was unsure as to whether she had executed it effectively. Currently, her mind was a frantic mess; her thoughts were running wild. She felt sick. She felt unsafe. She felt un-secure. She felt insecure. A deep sense of home sickness mixed with the feeling of being unwanted made her gag a couple times, however, nothing but tiny droplets of a pale white substance splattered into the sink. But, her throat still burned as if she had thrown up. She washed her mouth and face hurriedly, wanting to get rid of the acidic taste from inside her mouth.

Closing the faucet, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She looked into her pale, hazel eyes and could, herself, see the lack of life in them. Her eyes then locked to the bruise on her right cheek. The print from Xiomara's sandal could still be seen; clear as day. She didn't know what to think of it.

All she knew for now was that she had to flawlessly cover it up with makeup, or she might get hurt elsewhere.

-

"Guys, can you finish, s'il vous plait?" Celeste complained. "I want to go to the beach!" The group was enjoying a large breakfast outside in the garden. It was yet another bright and sunny day in the island of Skopelos.

"Yes, babe! Sun-bathing time." Xiomara added with a giggle whilst putting a strawberry into her mouth. She was very excited. She couldn't wait to show off her model-like body in her new bathing suits. She had dieted and worked out and starved herself for the past few months for this very moment. Perhaps now, Nikolous will see her as more than just a fuckbuddy. Girlfriend material. She smiled.

"Shall we go and get ready?" Celeste asked. "I wanted to do my hair, too."

"Yes! I'm done. Let's go." Xiomara said with a chirp. She stood up and bent down to kiss Nikolous on his lips. However, much to her despair, he turned his face so her lips connected with his cheek, instead. He winked at her and continued conversing with the rest of the boys. She smiled before quickly exiting.

"What was up with that, Nicki?" Kasper said with a smirk, highly amused. "It was so awkward."

"So cold, man." Emmet said, before putting out his fist so Nikolous could fist bump it- which he did.

"I'm so tired of Xio. Sure, she's great in bed and her body is fine like wine, but, I'm bored. I don't know how to handle her. She's so clingy. Usually, I'd tell the girl to fuck off, but, I can't now can I? What the fuck do I do?"

"That sounds like a you problem." Seif said as he sipped his mimosa. Rafael snickered.

"We told you not to stick your dick in there." Emmet reminded him. "But, fuck that. Are we gonna catch some mad waves or what?" Emmet asked, very eagerly. "Then we could catch some mad hotties, too." He winked at the group.

"It's now after noon. You want to catch mad waves, then get your ass up at the crack of dawn." Kasper said as he popped another bottle of champagne. "But, hotties? Let's hit."

"Did they bring the jet skis over, yet? I wanna try the new bad boys." Nikolous said with a pout.

Aliyah stood at a distant, however, still near enough to assist anyone if they needed something. She was glad when she overheard that the group was spending the day at the beach. That way she could relax in her hammock all day and all alone. Her plans to go to the city were ruined by this morning's events and she wasn't in the mood to even move at the moment.

"Aliyah? Aliyah! Earth-to-Aliyah." Someone's singy-songy voice made Aliyah's conscious return to the present. She looked up to see that Rafael had walked over to her.