9

"You just need to hold on for 30 more seconds, Aliyah. Come on! Clench your abs!" Phoenix shouted at her. Aliyah's body began shaking as she willed for her body to stay in position. Her muscles began aching, especially her abdominals. Sweat laced her arms and thighs and second by second she could feel her self slowly giving up. Phoenix, her personal trainer, then began counting down from ten. Not long now. She felt her arms wobble.

"Two...one. Good job Aliyah!" Aliyah collapsed onto the mat from her previous plank position, breathing heavily. It felt like she was drowning under water and finally found air. The built up of lactic acid within her muscles burned her abs whilst her arms were feeling soar.

"You did it! Two whole minutes! Congrats!" Phoenix said as he offered her a towel.

"What?" She exclaimed, taking the towel. "You said only one minute and fifteen seconds! Phoenix..." She groaned, slamming her face back onto the mat.

Phoenix smirked at her. "But, you did it perfectly! And, it looked like you could have gone on for longer. Maybe next time we can do five."

"Don't push it." She grumbled.

-

It was another Sunday – that meant Aliyah had to restock her suitcase. Aliyah sighed, entering the taxi. It was exhausting always having to plan ahead.

"Like, no one else has to plan what they feel like wearing for a Thursday on a Sunday." She mumbled to her self, sighing again.

"Sorry? M'am?" The taxi driver looked at her with a confused expression through the rear-view mirror.

"Oh, sir! I wasn't talking to you. I apologise." Aliyah sighed again, but then, her phone began ringing. Oh, who is this now? "Hello?"

"Aliyah! It's me again! I hope both you and Seif are feeling well." Aliyah realised it was Seif's Nazer chacha.

"Salam chacha! Yes, Seif is feeling much better now, Mashallah. He is, in fact, currently in China. Working!"

"Oh, I see. I was going to ask for you both to come over for dinner, but, I see it is not possible." Aliyah winced at his regretful tone. "But, perhaps another time?"

"Yes, of course chacha. As soon as Seif is back, we will come right over." She laughed nervously.

-

Aliyah wondered the halls trying to get acquainted to her new home. Although, it probably was not going to be her home for long. She suddenly heard a giant crash and a scream and ran towards the noise. She entered a chamber that seemed to have a more childish touch to the decor.

Upon walking in, she found a trembling Mikail sat on the floor amongst a hundred pieces of shattered green glass. "Mikail!" She yelled before running over to him and helping him stand up. She then noticed the blood seeping out from his lower right leg. "Mikail! You're hurt! Here sit down over here."

"Let go of me!" Mikail shrugged out of Aliyah's grasp and with a brooding face, began limping over to the nearest sofa. She could see the resemblance he had with Seif. One could easily tell they were related. 

"Mikail, let me help you." Aliyah tried to help him again.

"Don't touch him!" Aliyah turned around to face the new voice. It was Reyah. "Mikail, you stupid boy. What have you done?" She ran over to her younger brother and crouched next to where he was sat.

"Guys, don't move. I'll go get the first aid kit. It doesn't look too-"

"No! Don't do anything! Why are you here anyway?" Reyah yelled. God, if this wasn't Vera's daughter. She even carried that same angry expression on her face. Reyah then walked into, what Aliyah assumed, was the bathroom and came back with a box with a cross labelled on top of it. Aliyah remained standing in her position on the floor, unsure of what to do. Surely, she couldn't just leave them unattended? She twiddled her fingers, nervously.