Chapter 3

She don't know how to explain to him right now. She don't know how to tell him that she can't come with him again this time. Her commitment toward her works once again become the barrier between her and Ranbir. And this time, it's really makes Shanaya feels guilty because his request was very much important for their relationship.

"I'm sorry, Ranbir. But I can't come with you."

"But why ? I'm going to introduce you to my parents, Shanaya. In fact, we've been in a relationship for 2 years and I think it's time for us to take our relationship to the next level." say Ranbir as he walk closer to Shanaya and holds her hands.

"I know but I can't. I have to attend my company meetings in Greece and my presence is very important to my company as I have to convince the dealers about the project. I'm sorry, sweetheart." plead Shanaya.

Deepika can hear their conversations as she stand in front of Shanaya's room because she wants to give a letter on Shanaya's name. She knock the door before enters the room.

"I'm literally sorry to disturb both of you but there's a letter for you, babe." say Deepika as she give the letter to Shanaya before she leave the room.

"This is from my company."

"So you're not coming with me ?"

"Ranbir, I'm sorry ..."

"I'll miss you," say Ranbir while stroking Shanaya's face gently. He was disappointed but he's being a gentleman.

"I'll miss you too." say Shanaya in comforting voice.

Meanwhile, Deepika busy arguing with his father on the call.

"I don't want to come there. There's no point, Pa. Why can't you understands it ?"

"Don't be rude, Deepika."

"Rude ? Me ? You're the reason why I'm rude ! I hate you, Pa !" Deepika cut the conversation angrily and throw her iPhone on the bed.

"Damn it !" say Deepika as she sits on the bed.

"You're okay, Deepika ?" a voice enters her room. It was Shanaya. Shanaya walks towards Deepika and sits besides her. She know that face. She know that her friends just had an argument with he father again. She holds Deepika's hands.

"Are you okay, Deepika ?"

There's a long silence between them. Deepika kind of lost in her thought for a while. Shanaya don't even look away. She's waiting for an answer from Deepika. She's worry about her. Deepika trying not to think about her arguments with her dad just now but it was obvious on her face.

"So you're going to Greece tomorrow ?"

"That's not the answer to my question, Deepika."

"And that's not the answer to my question too, Shanaya. I'm asking you, are you leaving tomorrow ?"

"Yes, and I have a request."

"Request ? Why don't you ask your annoying boyfriend ?"

"Deepika ..."

"Okay, what is it ?"

"Ranbir and I were supposed to go to Rhena's wedding this weekend and Ranbir have promised his parents to introduces his girlfriend but I have to go to Greece this weekend .."

"So ?" ask Deepika.

"So ..."

"So what ? You're scaring me, Shanaya."

"So, I want you to replace me as Ranbir's girlfriend this weekend."

Deepika pause before she laughs.

"What so funny, Deepika ?"

"You're ..asking me to ..come with Ranbir ? You've crazy, Shanaya." say Deepika breathlessly as she's trying to stop laughing.

"Deepika, please. I'm serious, Deepika. Otherwise, Ranbir's parents will make him marry some other girl." Shanaya plead.

"It's not my problem, okay. I'm not his girlfriend."

"But you're my best friend, Deepika ..." say Shanaya, bitterly. She really hopes that her best friend can once again helps her because she's really can't ignore her works. On the other side, Deepika know that she is Shanaya's only hope and she's actually don't have a choice to say 'no' to Shanaya. Plus, she don't like to see her best friend feeling sad.

"God ...okay, I'm going but I really need you to tell your annoying boyfriend to behave himself and stop be so annoying."

"Okay, I promise. Thank you so much ..! I love you !" say Shanaya excitedly as she give a tight hug to Deepika.

Then, she walk out from Deepika's room and later, Ranbir enters the room. Ranbir not really like Shanaya's idea plus Deepika is really not the types of girl that Ranbir want to across in his life but he can't do anything right now. He doesn't even have any choices. He looks at Deepika who was busy giving a final touch to her works using Adobe Photoshop. Well, that thing is like a life saver for most of the photographer nowadays. Ranbir clears his throat before saying,

"I'll pick you up at 9 am. Make sure you'll be ready. And please pack some decent clothes. Can you hear me ?"

Ranbir asks to make sure that Deepika can actually hear what he wants to tell her. It's more like a precaution steps for Ranbir. Deepika turns and look at him with a blank face. She adjust her spectacles before saying,

"Whatever, Mr. Ranbir Kapoor. You've better walk out of my room right now before I've change my mind."

"I don't care plus you can't change your decisions."

"Can you exactly tell me why I can't change my decisions?"

"Because if you do so, Shanaya will be hurt."

"Don't you ever dare to threaten me by using Shanaya's name."

"Of course, I can. She's my girlfriend."

"And she's my best friend ..! And I think it's better for you to get out of my room now !"

"Like I'm dying to stay in your room .." say Ranbir as he rolled his eyes before continues,

"Wild girl." say Ranbir as he close the door.

Meanwhile, Deepika have quite a long name to be given to that 'Mr. Ranbir Kapoor',

"Annoying, annoying, annoying, annoying, annoying Ranbir ! Ergh !"