Chapter 12

People used to say that nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the person you thought would never hurt you and that's what happens after everyone know the truth. Everyone was so disappointed with all the lies that Ranbir and Deepika have made. Everyone including Ramisha.

"I hate you, didi !" cries Ramisha.

"I've never thought that .." cries Ranbir's mother.

Deepika try to approach each one of them but they stops and avoid her from getting close to them and explains anything if there's any left for her to explains. Ranbir look at Deepika. She still crying and feels guilty. He try to console her but she push him away. She don't want Ranbir to come closer to her.

"Pack your stuff and get out from the house now .." orders Ranbir's father.

"Pa ..!" says Ranbir. Meanwhile, without any objections, Deepika walks to her room and pack her stuff. Ranbir try to stop her but she keeps pushing him away. Then, after she finish pack her stuff, she try to approach everyone again as she wants to apologise for everything that she's done but everyone decides to ignore her including Shanaya.

"Deepika, please .."

"Let go of my hands, Ranbir .." says Deepika as she struggles to let her hands off from Ranbir's grabs.

"Where you're going ?"

"If you love me, don't try to find me .."

Ranbir look at Deepika. She was still crying and tries to release her hands from his grip.

"Ranbir, let me go please .."

"No."

"Please .."

Ranbir shook his head.

"You're hurting me, Ranbir .."

"Answer me, Deepika. Do you love me ?" asks Ranbir, wobbly.

Deepika look at Ranbir's eyes. She wants to answer his question but she can't because she knows that Ranbir surely going to stops her after hearing her answer. Yes, she loves him but she don't want to hurt her best friend's feelings. She was not meant to be with Ranbir. She can't be with Ranbir. It hurts to let go but sometimes it hurts more to hold on. And right now, she have to let him go.

"Answer me .."

"If you really love me, then let me go .." begs Deepika and Ranbir quickly releases his grip. There's no doubt about his love towards her. He's willing to do anything she wants.

Deepika look at Ranbir for the last time. Even Ranbir also look at Deepika but his eyes was full of hopes as he was still hoping that Deepika will not leave him again. He don't want to lose his first love anymore. He don't want to lose her again. But Deepika walks away with her father and leave him. She can't stay there anymore. She just can't. Ranbir was speechless. He have to lose her again. He just have to lose her again.

"She's such a liar !" frustrates Shanaya.

"She's not !" claims Ranbir.

"She's betrayed me and .."

"She did not betrayed you, Shanaya ! It was your idea, Shanaya ! You are the one who asked her to be my girlfriend and introduced her to my parents. It's your idea. It's not her fault .." says Ranbir and look at his father before continues,

"It was you who the one that asked me to propose her to be my fiancée, Pa. She accepted it because she don't want to shatter all those hopes and happiness that she saw in everyone's eyes. It's not her fault ..and Ma .." says Ranbir before look at his mother and says,

"It was you who the one that don't mind she's calling you 'Ma' and hoping that you will forgive her no matter what. It's not her fault, Ma .."

Then, he turns to look at Ramisha.

"And you ? Remember that night ? She introduced her name and she said that she's single but what did you said ? "No, you're not. You're dating Ranbir bhaiyaa." And right now you said she's a liar ? You're the one who chose your Deepika didi than your Ranbir bhaiyaa ..! It's not her fault, Ramisha ..not her fault at all .."

Ranbir cries as he fell on his knees. He was tearing. Who knows it will be this hard and painful. Loving someone isn't easy. Sometimes it was more painful than a sword piercing through your heart. Shanaya look at Ranbir. She look at how the way Ranbir was pretending Deepika. She can see that Ranbir was madly in love with Deepika. She don't want to be heartless but she's hurt. She's hurt with the fact that her boyfriend is in love with her best friend. Meanwhile, Deepika was lost in her thought when her father approaches her.

"Deepika ?" calls Deepika's father.

He might not spending all his time with his daughter but he knows that Deepika was broken. He knows that her daughter was going through a rough phase in her life. Both of them are inside an airplane. They will go to Dublin and maybe trying to start a new life.

"Deepika .."

"Yes, Pa .." says Deepika as she wipes her tears.

"I know about it but I want to ask you again ..do you love Ranbir ?" asks Deepika's father while holding her daughter's hands.

Deepika look at her father. Her eyes was still red and teary. She try to put a smile on her face but she can't. She starts to cry again before she hugs her father and say,

"I do, Pa. I do love him. I love him so much ..but I can't, Pa. I just can't .."

Deepika know that love can happens anytime and love knows no reason but she still blaming herself for everything that happened. She lost her best friend and ..her loved one. And it might not be the right things to do but she thinks it the best things to do right now. She left everything. Friendship, love and everything. She just have to leave everything.