Chapter 13

There comes a day when you realise turning the page is the best feeling in the world - because you realise there's so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on. That time when Deepika's father met her after a long time, her father already ends his marriage as her father realised that sometimes things that you think is the best for you actually turns out to be the worst for you. Three years passes and now Deepika happily lived her new life with her father. They settled down in Dublin and start a new life at the cosmopolitan city. Deepika was walking down the stairs when she see her father was busy with the food. Everything looks very delicious and smells good.

"Wow, Pa. Twice-baked potato casserole, crock-pot beef stew, and pudding ...is there anyone special going to come for the dinner ?" asks Deepika.

"Yup."

"Who is it ?"

"You will know, dear."

"You girlfriend ?"

"No, not again. I will never ever try to remarried again."

"Then ? Who's coming for the dinner, Pa ?"

"What time is it now ?"

"It's eight o'clock." answers Deepika while looking at the time.

"Hah ! You're speaking like an Irish people, dear." teases Deepika's father before both of they hear someone press their house's door bell.

"Coming .." says Deepika's father before he walk away from Deepika and opens the door.

Deepika taste a bit of the pudding before she walks towards her father to find out who's actually coming to their house for the dinner. It must be someone special because if not, her father will not cooks all those special good foods.

"Who is .." startle Deepika when she see who's comes to the house.

"How are you, dear ?"

"I'm fine, uncle. Thank you for invite me to come here." smiles the guest before looks at Deepika and continues,

"Hi .."

It was an awkward greet from the guest. Deepika didn't expect that this person going shown up in front of her again after what had happened three years ago. She didn't expect that her father going to invite this person for the dinner after she tried so hard to forget that chapter that sometimes makes her eyes turns red with tears because she was hurt with everything that happened.

"Hi ..Shanaya .."

"Deepika .."

Both of them feels awkward because both of them was not ready to meet each other.

"So, we're going to have our dinner or .." says Deepika's father.

"Let's eat ..our dinner." tells Deepika before she quickly make her way to the dinning table.

When three of them having their dinner, Deepika just keep silence as she don't know how to start the conversations with Shanaya. She just eat her dinner without making any eye contact with Shanaya. The dinner was going smoothly thanks to her father who try to lighten up and erase all those awkwardness between three of them. He keeps asking, talking and cracking some old jokes throughout the dinner. After the dinner, three of them walks to the living room. Deepika and Shanaya sit quietly on the couch in the living room.

"I'm going to make a nice peppermint hot chocolate for all of us, okay ?" excuses Deepika's father. Deepika look at her father as she knows that her father are trying to give some spaces for her and Shanaya.