Chapter 8

Ranbir look at his mother. He shook his head.

"Don't you know what happened between her and her father ? Seriously ?" asks Ranbir's mother. She was a bit shocked with Ranbir's answer.

"I've asked her before but she seems like ..don't want to tell anyone about it."

"What ? Ranbir Kapoor, you're marrying her !" scolds Ranbir's mother as she hit Ranbir's shoulder.

"Ma ..." says Ranbir as he rub his shoulder. It's hurt.

"What 'Ma' ? Son, at least you should know about her problems ..! You're being such a jerk boyfriend, son ..."

"But Ma, she's the one who don't want to share her problems to me so it's not my fault .." says Ranbir trying to pretends himself.

"Stop giving me your excuses, Ranbir. I want you to settle this by tomorrow. Be a gentleman, son."

"But, Ma ..."

"I don't want to hear any excuses, Ranbir. Talk to her again and try to solve the problems. Understand ?" orders Ranbir's mother before she left him.

Ranbir puzzles with what his mother just asked him to do. He don't how to solve the problems. Deepika is different from other girls. When she says no it means no. Nothing on earth can force her when she don't want to tell her problems to anyone. Not even Shanaya and now, Ranbir's mother want him to solves Deepika's problem ? It's going to be a dead end for him. He was busy with his thought when Abhay approach him.

"Ranbir, your phone. It keeps ringing all this time. Maybe it's an important call." says Abhay when he pass an iPhone to Ranbir. Ranbir took the phone and realising that it was not his phone.

"Abhay, it's not my ...he's gone .." says Ranbir as Abhay already walk away from him. The phone still ringing and it's showing an unknown number on the screen. Ranbir was curious then he decides to pick up the call.

"Deepika, listen please. I know you've bored because I keep calling you and asking the same thing from you but please, dear ...I really want my daughter back. Please forgive me, dear. Please ..." cries the caller. It's Deepika's father.

"Hello, sir." says Ranbir.

"Who are you ? Where's my daughter ? Tell me. Who are you ?"

"Sir, I'm Ranbir. Deepika ..Deepika's fiancé."

"What ?"

~~~

"You've talked to her father ? What did he say ?" ask Diana.

"You will know it if you're not interrupting me." replies Ranbir.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was so excited to know ..I'm sorry. My mistakes." apologies Diana.

"So, after that I have quite long conversations with Deepika's father and then when it's time for Sangeet Night .." says Ranbir and he starts to recall everything.

~~~
Everyone was ready and so excited for the Sangeet Night. Everyone dresses beautifully and handsomely for the night including Rhea and Abhay. It's like a Bachelorette party the whole family is invited to. They starts to sing and dance with tune which is Bollywood songs so there was so much fun. Ranbir was standing at the corner of the hall and searching for Deepika. Then, he stops Ramisha who was walk by passing in front of him.

"Ramisha ..wait. Where's your Deepika didi ?"

"She's upstairs inside her room, bhaiyaa. What did you do to her ? Why she's looking so upset ?" asks Ramisha while pinching Ranbir's shoulder.