Chapter 14

Sometimes two people have to fall apart how much they need to fall back together. Deepika have heard it countless time but she never believe it and now she realise that those quotes are actually true. The feelings that come back to her right now is the feelings that never left. Deepika was standing in front of the house that used to be hers, but now it's him. And those feeling when all those memories about him strikes back in her mind, she can't stop herself from feeling lonely and incomplete as she was living without her better half all those rough three years. There was a car already park in front of the house, probably he's inside the house. Deepika opens the door using the key that Shanaya gives to her and enter the house again. The moment she enters the house, she realise how the interior was design with all her favourite things. The colours, the wall, the stairs, the furnitures, the frames, the kitchen and everything. She was busy exploring the house when she saw someone walking down the stairs.

"The meeting with the dealers are .."

That "someone" stops the sentences when see Deepika.

"Hey," says Deepika, brittle.

"H ..hi."

It was him. Ranbir. The person that Deepika try to forget but she can't because the memories of him always reminds her about their precious moment together. The person that Deepika try so hard to run from the real feeling that she have for him. At the same time, Ranbir cut the call when he see Deepika was standing in front of him. Only God knows how much he misses her. He try to make himself busy with his work the past three years to avoid being broken apart because he lost her. However, she are still his favourite chapter that he keep on re-reading night after night till his eyes are red with tears and his heart hurts from the memories of the lost touch.

"How ..how are you ?" asks Ranbir.

"I'm ..fine. And you ?"

"I'm ..I'm good."

"Nice house .."

"Thanks. I'll make some coffee. Have a sit." says Ranbir as a drop of tears flowing down his cheek before he wipe it and walk towards the kitchen.

He can't believe that Deepika was there, with him, after all these years. Deepika wipes her tears as soon as Ranbir walk away and sit on the sofa before her eyes saw something. A DSLR camera. Her DSLR camera. Her precious camera that hold lots of memories with it. Her camera that she left with him three years ago. Ranbir still keep it with him. Then, Ranbir come with two cups of coffee and sit beside her. They shares a smile for each other before start to talk with each other, normally. At first they had so much to catch up as they were talking hundred words a second, barely even listening to the ends of one another's sentences before moving onto the next. And there was laughing in fact, lots of laughing. Suddenly, all the laughed stops and silence happens between them. An awkward silence. Both of them think to themselves - what the hell was it ?

It was like the world has stops turning in that instant. Like everyone around them disappears and everything at home was forgotten about. It was like those few minutes were created just for them and all they can do is just look at each other. It was like Ranbir seeing Deepika's face for the first time and Deepika seeing Ranbir's face for the first time. Ranbir look at Deepika, confused but kind of amused at the same time. Exactly the same like how Deepika felt. Deepika wants to seize the moment by kissing him but,

"I think ..I should go now." excuses Deepika and stand up.

Ranbir didn't say anything. He just look at her. There was a hope in his eyes - hoping that she won't leave him anymore.

Deepika walk towards the door as she thought Ranbir wouldn't mind if she leave him. Maybe they doesn't meant to be together. When she reach at the door, she take the camera and have a last look at it.