Chapter 9

The sun rise up and shines so bright that day. It was her third day living inside that house. The house where that always full of love and cares. The house where she dreams all this time. The house where she found back that Deepika who got lost many years ago. Deepika wake up and get herself ready because according to what Ranbir said to her last night, she will going out helping him to buy some things that needed for the wedding. After take a bath, she wears her casual outfit and ready to starts the day. She walks out from her rooms and she saw there's no one in Ranbir's room. Probably, he's ready. Deepika walks heading the dinning hall and found out that Ranbir already waiting for her.

"There she is, Ma." says Ranbir as he winks his right eyes to Deepika. He really knows how to make girls blushed.

"Come, dear. Sit besides him. Eat your breakfast first and then both of you can go for the shopping." says Ranbir's mother while giving some paratha to Ranbir and Deepika.

"It smells good !" Deepika thought to herself.

"And it tastes amazing !" smiles Ranbir. Deepika looks at him surprisingly. She wondering how can he heard what she said just now.

"Weirdo." says Deepika before she eat her breakfast.

Later, after they finished, both of them walks out from the house and to do their works. Ranbir walk towards a white BMW car when Deepika stops him by asking,

"We're going with a car ?"

"Yup. Why ?"

"I thought we're going with our strong legs .."

"If we're going with just using our strong legs, we'll end up tired and when we're tired, you will not want to walk anymore and when you don't want to walk anymore obviously I have to carry you and when I'll carry you, I'm pretty sure my strong legs and muscles can't handle it because basically you're heavy. So I don't want to take any risk, Deepika." smiles Ranbir.

"You've could just say that you're lazy, Ranbir. Such a spoilt brat." bored Deepika before she heading to the car.

Ranbir just smiles looking at Deepika instead of reply anything. Then, both of them left the house. While driving, Ranbir feelings quite awkward with the atmosphere inside the car. It was so quiet. He glance at Deepika. She was somehow busy looking outside through the window.

"Are you okay ?" asks Ranbir to break the silence.

"Yeah .."

"Don't lie to me .."

"I'm not lying. I was just thinking."

"About what ?"

"About ...I don't know. I'm scared."

"Of what ?"

"Losing everything."

"You're not going to lose anything, Deepika. Trust me."

"I do trust you but I don't know. Somehow I feel scared when I thinks that actually everything that I have right now was not mine and was not supposes to be mine. It was supposed to be Shanaya's. All those happiness, those loves, your parents ..you .." says Deepika softly like almost whispering while saying the words 'you' before continues,

"Anyways, let's just forget it. Aren't we there yet ?" asks Deepika after wipes her tears.

"We're arrived. I was just ..." says Ranbir before continues,

"Parks the car .."

Deepika look at Ranbir. She could feel that he's trying to hide something. Then, she asks,

"Are you okay, Ranbir ?"

Ranbir nods his head before go out from the car. Deepika quite confuses with his behaviour but decides to ignore it. When both of them walks towards the place where they're going to do the shopping, Deepika could feel someone slowly grabs her hands and entwining her fingers to secure the holds. It was Ranbir. He didn't look at her and acts normal while doing that. Deepika feels a bit confused but somehow she's like it. She can feel the care and the warmness within the holds. She decides to holds his hands tightly and walks with him for the rest of the time. Both of them were having fun spending their time together while buy those things that needed and at the same time, Ranbir kind of being a tourist guide to Deepika as he shows and describes all those interesting places around the area until evening. After finished, they heading to their car again and make their way back home.

"That's how Rhea and Abhay met each other. So cheesy love story, na ? Right, Deepika ? Deepika ?" asks Ranbir before he notices that Deepika was sleeping.

"No wonder there's no reply from you, roller coaster .." smiles Ranbir.

There were sense of relief in his voice before he slowly reach out to hold her face and slide it onto his shoulder. He felt comfortable as the warmth of her face was touching his shoulder. Deepika then wraps her hands around his arms and sleep comfortably. Deepika feels a warm breath on her face. She opens her eyes and saw Ranbir's face was close to hers. She pulls back and removes her hands from his arms.

"I'm sorry. I was so tired. Why didn't you wake me up ?" asks Deepika while adjusting her hair and realised that they already arrives at the house.

"I have a surprise for you." smiles Ranbir.

"What is it ?"

"Let's get inside the house and you'll find out. I hope you like it. I know I shouldn't but I just want you to be happy, Deepika." says Ranbir before both of them walk out from the car and enters the house.

"There she is." smiles Ranbir's mother before continues,

"Ranbir told me everything and we agreed with his idea, Deepika .." says Ranbir's mother before takes her to meet someone. Someone that Deepika don't want to meet.

"Deepika ?" A voice approaches her and hugs her tightly.

"My daughter ...I miss you so much, dear."

It was her father. Her father. The person that Deepika never wants to meet again. The person that she hates. The person that left her for many years. Deepika jerks and push her father. She look at him before walk towards Ranbir and asks,

"Why you're doing this ?" her voice was full of anger but her eyes was teary. Ranbir was about to say something before Deepika slaps him and says,

"I hate you, Ranbir !"