Into Town

As we headed into town, I looked around. It was a quaint little town. I liked it. It wasn't loud and didn't have a lot of traffic like the city. Something I had to get used to I suppose. I looked over at Travis. He was looking at things as we passed them.

I steered my horse closer to his. He didn't notice until I stole his hat if his head. I put it on happily. He looked at me in surprise and then he smiled softly.

"You stole my hat" he said. "Noticed that did you?" I replied, smirking at him. He shook his head a little. "You are something Smartie you know that?" He said, looking at me.

"I know" I said, looking around silently. It was silent for a moment then he spoke up again. "Everyone in this town is very nice. You'll fit right in" he said, looking at people. Some of them waved as we passed.

I waved back to some of them and smiled. "How long have you lived around here?" I asked, looking at him

"While. Long as I can remember" he said, meeting my eyes. He had a charming smile on his face. He also had hat hair which was quite amusing.

I adjusted the hat on my head and nodded. "I think I could get used to this place. It's nice. You can actually see things around you without getting yelled at for walking too slow"

"Wait till you see it at night" he commented. "Probably don't see too many stars in the city"

I shook my head and looked back at him. "So. What are the must see places in Crowley Corn?"

He smiled and got his horse to speed up. I followed him as he led me out of town. "Thought you were taking me to a place in town" I said as we rode.

He just smirked at me. "That's not an answer Blondie" I said with a frown. "You asked for the must sees! I'm showing you the best one" he said, "now keep up" he said, ushering his horse to go faster.

I sighed and followed.

~this time skip was brought to you by McDonald's. You're lovin it. This story was not sponsored by McDonald's~

"Well it is pretty amazing" I said, looking up at the waterfall. Travis smiled and took his hat back off my head. "Told ya" he said, walking toward the falls.

I followed him. It was a beautiful sight. The falls were a good 20 feet tall, framed by leaves, flowers, and trees of all shapes, sizes, and colors. There was a small lake under the falls that glistened in the light of the sun.

"Wow.." I breathed looking around. This was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Better than Broadway. Travis chuckled. "Glad you like it"

I looked up at him. He smiled at me and walked toward the water. "What are you doing?" I asked. "It's hot. It's summer. I figure we should go swimming" he said, climbing up to a rope above the lake.

"Okay.." I said before following him cautiously.

"Travis are you sure this is safe?" I asked, looking up at him. "Yes. Now come on up" he said, motioning with his hand.

I groaned a little and climbed up to him. I may have a small fear of heights.. okay it's a massive fear. I got up to him and just kept looking up.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern lining his voice. "Yep. I'm perfectly fine" I replied, looking at him. He shrugged and pulled off his shirt, revealing his toned chest. I blushed deeply and looked away from him. He didn't notice as he swung on the rope and into the water.

He came to the surface and looked at me. "Come on! Now it's your turn!" He called.

I looked down at him and gasped a little. "I-I don't know.. still seems dangerous.." I shouted back.

"Are you scared of heights??" He yelled, laughing a little. "What?? No! I fear nothing! I-I'm the bravest person you know!" I yelled. "Everyone fears something! Just jump! Face that fear!" He replied.

I whined a little and grabbed the rope. Taking a deep breath, I jumped off the small cliff, clinging to the rope for dear life. I squeezed my eyes shut as I let go and fell into the water.

After being under the water for a moment, I popped above the surface. He laughed "see? It wasn't that bad!" "Why did you make me do that??" I yelled at him, "I hate heights!" He chuckled. "Life's a climb. But the view's great" he said wisely. I punched him. "Not when you're scared of heights!"

He laughed and pulled me into a hug. "Sorry Ronnie" he said in my ear. I felt my cheeks burning. "Let go of me" I mumbled. He released me and looked at me with a smile.

I sighed and pushed the bangs out of my face. "Jeez Blondie. I could've died and you're just over there laughing and saying weird sayings you probably got out of a book" I said, crossing my arms. "You weren't going to die" he said.

"You don't know that" I countered. He rolled his eyes and looked around.

~Travis' POV~

I looked around the falls. I felt bad about scaring her. I figured maybe I could make it up to her.

"How can I make it up to you?" I asked her. She looked at me in surprise. "I don't know." She said with a shrug. "How about this. Every year we have this big fundraiser. To raise money for the community. It's like a dance. Want to be my plus one?" I asked.
After a moment's hesitation, she nodded. "Alright. Sounds fun. But it's not fancy right? Because I don't do the whole fancy dress thing" she said. "No. It's casual." I said with a smile, "And it's tomorrow. Plenty of time to get ready"

"Alright then." She said with a shrug. She looked at the falls then toward the shore. "So.. now what?" She asked.

"I could show you around a bit more" I suggested. She nodded "okay but I'm changing first." She said.

I chuckled and nodded, swimming toward the shore. "Let's go"

A/N:
Hey it's me again. Yea I know. You don't wanna hear from me. But too bad. Sorry that was rude.. anyway. I hope you're enjoying the story. Let me know what I can do to improve it. Please. I love constructive criticism. Well gotta go. Buh-bye!