Spark of Romance

A/N:
WA-PUSH™ TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA LADDIES! 😂😂 I'm sorry. Hey guys! Ronnie here! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! School started up again and High School teachers don't understand how hard it is for us lazy beans to get moving again! But here you go!

On the afternoon of the fundraiser, I, quite reluctantly, put on a nice romper that I'd gotten in New York. I put on a jean jacket over it. (Pic above). As I was doing my hair, Mom came in.

"You look great dear!" She said happily. She always loved when I dressed up. Which was rare. She came over and helped me with my hair. I have never pulled it up before.

"Thanks Mom" I said, standing up. She smiled and hugged me. "Have fun tonight dear. And don't stay out too late" she said. "Don't worry Mom. I won't" I said.

Then there was a knock at the door.

Mom squealed like a child and left the room. I rolled my eyes, adjusted my romper in the mirror, and followed.

I got into the living room just as Mom answered the door. "Travis! What are you doing here?" She asked. "Didn't Ronnie tell you? I'm taking her to the fundraiser" Travis' charming southern voice said.

Mom looked at me and squealed again. "Ronnie you didn't tell me this was a date!" She said excitedly. I blushed deeply. "Wha- it's not a date! I-It's just.. we're going as friends!" I stammered.

Mom giggled. "Sure Sweetheart" she said, stepping aside to let Travis in.

Travis wore a button down, red, long sleeved shirt and blue jeans. He had his infamous cowboy hat on and his hair was tidied up a bit.

He looked at me and smiled softly. "You clean up well" he said, "for a city girl"

I rolled my eyes and smirked at him. "Not so bad yourself Blondie" I replied, putting a hand on my hip.

He chuckled "c'mon. Don't worry I'll have her back before midnight" he said to Mom as he led my outside.

He led me to a truck and opened the door for me. After I got in, he shut the door behind me and got in on the driver's side.

He looked at me and smiled then began to drive down the road. It was silent in the car as we both tried to come up with something to talk about.

I stared out the window, humming softly. Little did I know that Travis kept glancing at me over and over again.

I looked over at him while he was watching the road and smiled slightly.

We finally parked and got out of the car. We'd only been in it for five minutes but in awkward silence it can seem like forever!

I looked around as we entered the building. There were a lot of people there. Music played all around us. It was actually pretty nice.

Travis looked at me. "Pretty cool huh? I helped set the first one up" he said. I nodded and looked up at him.

"You are a lot more complicated than I thought Blondie" I said with a smile, stealing his hat again.

He chuckled "so are you" he said, looking down at me.

I smiled and looked around. People were dancing and sitting at tables. Everyone looked like they were having a good time.

Conveniently a singer came on stage and started singing a slow song. Travis took my hand and practically dragged me to the dance floor where couples were dancing.

"Travis I don't dance" I said as I followed him. "If you can build your own small robot then you can dance" he said, placing my hands around his neck and his hands on my waist