The Countryside

The next morning, I sat outside with Tony. The little bot snoozed in my lap but I was fully awake. I couldn't stop replaying the night before in my mind. I never thought I'd have that good a time at a dance.

I watched down the driveway. It felt creepy to just be watching for him but I really wanted to see him again. All night I couldn't sleep. Not just because I have insomnia, but because I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Him.

Travis Brody

God I couldn't get him off my mind. It was killing me and I couldn't figure out why!

As I saw his truck some up the driveway, I immediately ran to the stables to busy myself with something else. Tony gave me a look.

"You are not capable of human emotions you wouldn't understand" I said to him. "Admittedly I don't understand it either.." I said softly

"Who are you talking to?" Travis' voice came from behind me. I looked at him "hey! Just ya know.. my robot.." I said, pointing at Tony, who rolled his eyes.

"Ah" he nodded. "So.. you wanna go for that ride?" He asked a little awkwardly. It was honestly a little cute.

"Yea! Of course! Sounds great" I replied cheerfully. I looked at Tony. "Wanna come?" He buzzed happily. "We're in" I said, looking at Travis

He chuckled "Alright. Can I use this horse?" He said, pointing at Mom's horse. I nodded and he smiled.

We both began saddling up our horses. "Remember to put the saddle on right" he said, fixing his saddle

"Ha ha" I said sarcastically. I looked at my horse, silently trying to figure out which side was right.

He seemed to notice this because I heard him chuckling. He walked up to me and took the saddle. "It goes this way darling" he said, turning it in his arms and handing it to me

"Yea yea." I said, putting the saddle on Pepperoni. He helped me hook it up and smiled at me. "You really need to learn some things about living here" he teased

"Oh yeah? Let's drop you in the middle of New York and see if you can make it without knowledge"

He smiled at me and adjusted his hat, beginning to walk away. I took his hat before he could get too far and put it on.

"Would you like to keep that hat? I have four" he said. I thought he was joking but then he gave me a sincere smile. "Need to get used to living here. Should have a genuine cowboy hat" I said, giving him a bright smile.

I saw his cheeks turn a little pink and he gave me a cheeky grin and hopped on his horse.

I climbed on Pepperoni and we left the stables together. We rode through the property. I looked round as we did, taking in every detail. After a moment, I noticed Travis staring at me. I looked away from him with a small smirk.

"You keep staring at me Blondie, any particular reason why?" I asked, giving him look. He chuckled. "No. Just looking." He said with a small smile

I smiled and continued looking around. Everything around us was just so lovely and lively. "So, do you help take care of all this land?" I asked

He shook his head. "No. I work closer to the houses. Taking care of horses, building chicken coups, that kind of thing" he explained. I looked at him with smile. "You build things?" I asked. He nodded.

I thought for a moment then looked at him. "So if I told you that I was thinking about repairing my stables, you could help?" I asked. He nodded "of course"

"Wow! Sounds great!" I said happily.

I saw him grin a little and this made me smile happily.

"We can start tomorrow! It'll be a nice surprise for my mom" I said, thoughtfully.

He smiled. "Nice. It's a date." We both immediately blushed. "Great!" i said, happily and a bit loudly.

He chuckled and grinned.

We met eyes and I noticed a small spark in his eyes.

Wonder what it could've been