8: Who Can I Run To?

And my mind is so confusing, Who would be that special one? Everyday I'm trying to find you, All along, I've got to know. Is there a place for me? - Xscape

 Is there a place for me? - Xscape

*Emon Ricciardi*

I stood at the door with the plates in hand. I rung the doorbell yet again waiting for Tristian to come and open it up. Had I known he'd take this long I would have sat in the car with the heat. The wind was bone shattering tonight. A couple of locks clicked as he pulled the door open. I side eye him as I he steps aside letting me in.

The warm heat wrapped around me as I stepped through. I looked seeing a much cleaner house than it was before. The door closes behind me as I await his direction. He walks past, and I start to follow. We entered into a room I hadn't been into before. There was a TV mounted into the wall, two sofas, and more furniture for decoration.

He offered me to sit as he left from the room. I sat down unwrapping our plates. They were still relatively warm. He entered back into the room holding two folding tray tables in hand. He sat one in front of me, and took the other for himself. I sat his plate onto his tray for him.

"You want something to drink?" He asks, before tempting to sit down.

I shake my head. "No. I got this." I hold up the bottle of Champagne I purchased for Iyesha. With her ungrateful ass.

His lips formed into a pout. "I'm gonna get a soda. I'll drink some with you after eating though."

"Damn just shoot down my bottle." He chuckled at my comment, walking out of the room to get his canned refreshment. I sat waiting for him to return to the room.

"You didn't want one did you?" He asks upon returning to the room.

"I would've liked one but it's cool." I shrugged. He pulled a Strawberry Fanta from behind his back. I took it from him looking at him snicker as he sat down.

"I thought you might like one." He said looking over the food. He leaned forward slightly sniffing it. "Mm. Sautéed Talapia with rice?" He looked over to me for confirmation.

"Yeah. I cooked it for an occasion, but it didn't pan out." I reply.

"Hmm." He nodded. Strangely enough I kind of wanted him to ask me about why I was upset. I respected that he didn't badger me when I asked him not to. He grabbed his fork straying to dig in. I watched him with intrigue as he took light bites covering his mouth as he ate. "What?" He looked over to me.

"Nothing." I laughed. His face was warped with confusion at my staring.

"No it's something because you keep laughing when I eat." He pushed my arm playfully.

"Why are you eating so prissy?" I ask. "You better go ham on that shit."

"It's good. It just needs some hot sauce. Unfortunately, we have none." He sat back opening his food.