14: My Little Secret

If anybody knew that it was you and your house, That I was creepin' to all the time, I'd probably still do it, Cause I find it hard to keep you off of my mind...

Tristian Veraci

I woke up looking around this room I wasn't familiar with. My body was being held closely and tightly. Warm breath blew against my neck, as well as, a warm body behind me. I looked back seeing Emon's sleeping face. His mouth was slightly agape, and his hand was under his head. I move his hand from my waist, so I could sit up...

My body felt tense as I stretched out. I can't believe last night wasn't a dream. Emon and I actually hooked up. I don't know how the dynamic of our friendship is going to be now. He shuffled in the bed feeling around. I stood up to go to the restroom. Once I shut the door the first thing I look at was myself in the mirror. I just know I didn't go to bed like this.

I start to fix my hair putting it back into the ponytail. I need to get home so I can change clothes and brush my teeth. I handle my morning business and wash my hands. After drying them I open up the door returning into the room.

" Good morning handsome. " His voice startled the hell out of me.

I clasp my chest. " Don't do that! Scared the hell out of me. "

" My fault baby. " He says, stretching. My eyes dart over to him as he checks his phone. " Why you up so early? " His eyes were still focused on his screen.

" I have to get home to brush my teeth and get some clean clothes. I also have class this morning. " I explain looking around for my clothes. I don't know why this felt so weird.

" Oh damn. " He mumbled. He grabs his crutches going into the restroom. I could hear him pissing because he didn't close the door.

I finish putting on my clothes going around the bed grabbing my phone. A couple of missed calls from Mom, a few texts from Imari and some more friends, seems pretty standard. I look around for my shoes in the room. I see them under the bed. I bend over grabbing them and sliding them on my feet. He comes from the bathroom looking at me.

" Alright. I'll see you later. " I pick up my keys from the dresser.

" Wait. Come here. " He directs sitting on the bed. I walk over to him as he grabs my hands. " Nothing is weird right? I'm still the same person you knew before. "

" Most definitely. We are on the same page. "

" Am I going to see you later? " He asks.

" You might but I won't make any promises. I have to catch up on some work and do something with my mom. "

" Oh. " His face dropped into a sad expression. " Just text me then. I'll be here. Alone. All day. "

" I'll try to make it back over here Emon. I might spend the night with you again. I don't know yet. " I say, honestly.