|02|

(F/n) PoV

I sighed as the loud class discussed future plans. I twiddled with my braids, the sunlight reflecting on my blue hair. As I stared out the classroom window, I imagined possible high schools that I could potentially enter. None of the good ones, that's for sure. My grades were alright but I wasn't really a student who stood out.

My attention shifted back onto the conversation around the classroom, after the teacher had revealed that Midoriya had applied for U.A, the top hero school in the country.
I couldn't do anything but watch in silence as laughter filled the room. Fingers pointing at the green haired boy, he covered his face in embarrassment. I sighed once again, after witnessing the immaturity of my peers.

"You guys are really rude.." I mumbled under my breath. "This is why you're all going to end up in trashy high schools. Top hero schools won't tolerate bullies like you."

"Shut up, (f/n)!" A nearby classmate yelled, slamming his hands on the table. "You aren't going to become a hero with your quirk!"

"If all you ever do is look down on people," She said. "You won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses."

"You're so weird and your only friends are ghosts!" Another student, Bakugo's friend, laughed. "No school is going to take you on, especially when you say shitty things like that!"

"It's not my fault ghosts are the only decent people here, you bastard!" I screamed, forcing the teacher to finally take action and calm down the class.

After what felt like forever, the bell rang and the school day had finally come to an end. And obviously, Bakugo had already begun intimidating Midoriya.

"Give him his book back." I said, pointing at the burnt, damaged book, pushing his friends out the way. "He's working hard on that."

"All I'm trying to say is," Bakugo laughed, before throwing the book out the window. "Forget about U.A."

"And as for you, (f/n).." He continued. "Stay out of things that don't concern you. You're going to get seriously hurt. Especially with that pathetic quirk of yours."

Deku and I stood in silence, unable to respond to the bully. The three boys slowly started to walk away. A lump formed in my throat and my heart felt heavy. I couldn't say anything to defend myself. I couldn't say anything to defend Midoriya.

"Oh man! They can't talk back as usual!" One boy chuckled.

"One more piece of advice." Bakugo turned around and smirked. "If you wanna be a hero so bad, there's actually a really good way. If you believe that they're holding your quirk, or a better quirk for you, over in the next world, you should just dive off the rooftop!!"

"Yeah! I might just do that!" I yelled back, in pure anger. "As long as it means that I'll never have to come across you and your disgusting personality ever again!"

I clenched my small fists, ready to take action. Fire burned in my eyes, as I prepared to attack Bakugo. Suddenly, a cold hand grabbed my wrist, tugging me back slightly. I looked back at poor, green haired boy with concern, as he shook his head, before standing down. Bakugo and his friends laughed, hysterically. They walked away, their figures slowly shrinking in the distance.

"Bakugo, I hope you get eaten by a lame villain!" I yell, causing the three boys to bust out into laughter once again. "That'd put your stubborn ass in your place."

Together, we walked downstairs quickly, in order to find his now-damaged notebook. Just to our luck, we found it quickly, right in a stupid little pond, filled with hungry fish, nibbling on the edges of the book. After retrieving it, we slowly made our ways home. Walking together in silence, I regularly checked on the boy, looking at him from the corner of my eye. He was upset and my stupid ass didn't even know how to comfort him. I sighed as I played out different conversations in my head, none of them ending well. We eventually arrived at the tunnel, the end of the tunnel being where the two of us split off in different directions. The sound of our footsteps echoed and mixed with the awkward silence, as we got closer to the end.