|12|

"IT BELONGS TO YOU!"

Those words echoed in his head. He didn't even need to look up to the bleachers to locate the owner of the voice. He knew exactly who it was. His heart was racing at the point - mainly from the adrenaline, but that voice made him feel some kind of way.

All throughout the academic year so far, he knew that having a crush was normal. He convinced himself that it was Momo, having both come from similar backgrounds and also entering the school through recommendation. He wasn't going to act on those fake feelings though.
But recently, those feeling had shifted onto someone else, who kept catching his eye. He noticed everything about her, observing her from afar. He regretting not becoming greater friends with her earlier. She was already friends with a lot of people after all.

He realised it.

He didn't like Momo.

He liked (y/n).

And with that, the left side of his body ignited..

"Midoriya is out of bounds!" Midnight announced. "Todoroki wins."

There were only a few more matches, before it was (y/n)'s turn again, this time against Mina. This gave her enough time to go and meet up with Todoroki. She ran through the corridors, finding him in an empty waiting room.

"(Y/n)." He gasped, as she entered the room.

"Here." She chuckled, throwing him a new uniform to replace his ripped one.

"Thanks." He smiled back, pulling the uniform towards himself. "But you didn't need to come here. Your match is soon."

"It's not a big deal. Plus, I couldn't handle Mineta's crude jokes." She said, as she took the seat beside him. "Besides, there's another break thanks to your crazy quirks."

"Who are you up against next?" He asked, showing concern.

"Mina." She replied. "I have faith that I'll win, so I've already begun planning for the round after. I'm planning for the worst, so I've been creating tactics against Bakugo and you."

He flinched at her words.

"I see." He mumbled. Honestly, he was hoping for her to lose before she would get the chance to fight him. It was a selfish wish on his part, but he couldn't help it.

"It sounds like they're starting the next fights already!" (Y/n) gasped, standing up. "Oh, and here's a sandwich. It's not much, but hopefully it can help you get your energy up for your next match."

Back at the main stage, the next fight was Iida vs. Shiozaki, with Iida advancing to the next round. Next up was Aizawa vs. Ashido.

They were already stood on the main stage, both smirking at each other. (Y/n) felt more comfortable in this fight, due to the lack of formalities between the two. She knew that there would definitely be no hard feelings this match.

The match started and (y/n) set off an explosion on the the ground. She touched a piece that had cracked from the ground.

"In a possible future, this debris could be used to push you out." (Y/n) stated. "And that's the future I've decided on!"

Quickly, the small rocks gathered together and moved towards Mina. She tried to use her acid to destroy the debris, but it didn't work - there were just too many.

"Ashido is out of bounds." Midnight announced and the crowd roared. "Aizawa will advance!"

The two girls exited the stage hand in had, as they giggled together.

"W-woah. (Y/n) won that really fast." Mineta gulped.

It was Kirishima vs. Bakugo next. The match ended quickly, with Bakugo advancing, meaning that the second stage was over.