|18|

(Y/n)'s eyes twitched and she gritted her teeth, before awakening, releasing the pressure. She rubbed her cheek, which was aching from clenching her jaw for too long. She stayed laying down, listening to the boys talk. Slowly and carefully, she propped herself up onto her elbows, showing her three classmates a toothy grin. She began to sit up, wanting to talk to them properly.

"She's awake!" Midoriya sighed with relief.

"Hola, amigos! I feel so refreshe-" She beamed, before a sudden surge of pain shot through her thigh. The boys gasped with shock, but were calmed down bow her small chuckle. "I'm fine!"

Her reassurance wasn't too convincing and caused the boys to roll their eyes.

"Oh, you kids are finally all awake." Gran Torino said, entering the hospital room with Manual. His head shot towards Midoriya. "Kid, I've got a lot of complaints for you."

"S-sorr-"

"But before that, you kids have a visitor." Gran Torino stepped to the side, allowing the visitor to stand in the center. "Hosu's police chief, Tsuragamae Kenji."

Quickly, Iida and Todoroki stood up to bow at the chief. Aizawa and Midoriya looked around in panic, before attempting to scoot off the bed, to imitate the gestures of their peers.

"You may both stay seated, woof." Tsuragamae said.

"Woof?! Too cute!" (Y/n) thought, trying to contain her excitement around the strangely adorable man.

"So you kids are the U.A students that took down the hero killer?" The police chief asked, gaining a nod from the four teens. "Regarding the hero killer that we arrested, he had fairly serious I juries, with burns and broken bones and is receiving treatment under strict regard, woof. Since you are U.A students, I'm sure you would have already learnt that when quirks began to normalize, the police regarded leadership and standards with high importance. They made sure that quirks were not used as weapons. And so, the profession of a hero emerged, in order to fill that gap, woof. For an individual's use of force and power that can easily kill others, to be accepted officially, is thanks to the early heroes that followed the ethics and rules of the profession, woof. Even up against the hero killer, for uncertified individual's to cause injury, using their quirks, without specific instructions from their guardians, is a certain and clear violation of the rules."

(Y/n) watched as Todoroki clenched his fist in anger at the chief's words. She threw her hand up, asking for the attention of everyone in the room.

"It was my fault." She said, causing the boys to gasp. "I still have my temporary licence that I gained from Akira, for the League of Villains mission. I used the small amount of authority given to me, to allow the boys to fight. And Stain's injuries were my fault. I intentionally aimed for his chest, aware that my attack would cause his broken bones to perforate his lungs. So it was no one else's fault but mine."

"I know the entire story, and I'm aware that your version is only partially true, woof. There is no reason for you to accept all the blame." Tsuragamae said. "The four of you and the pro heroes, Endeavor, Manual and Gran Torino must receive strict punishment."

"Wait a second!" Todoroki yelled. "If Iida didn't do anything, the hero, Native, would have been killed. If Midoriya hadn't appeared, the two of them would have been killed. And (y/n) was able to save all of us. No one even realised that the hero killer appeared! Are you telling us that we should have followed the rules and watched innocent people get killed?!"

"Are you telling me that as long as it turns out alright, it's okay to bend the rules?" Tsuragamae questioned back.

"Isn't a hero's job to save people?!" Todoroki yelled louder.