|03|

School was out, and all that was left was for the entrance letter to arrive. I paced around my apartment, rummaging through my belongings, to distract myself from my worried thoughts. I knew for certain that Akira had saved my spot in the hero school, but I couldn't help but panic. It is human nature after all.
I paused in shock, after hearing a gentle knock on my front door. Quickly, I rushed to the mirror, checking my scruffy appearance, the sun through the blinds shining in my heterochromatic eyes. My hand shaking, I reached for the rusty door handle.

Wait..

Heterochromatic eyes?!

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I cursed to myself, jogging backwards towards the mirror. "Just a second!"

I clenched my fist, as I watched my hair grow blue and the colours in my eyes change. I facepalmed before running up to the front door. I rapidly opened it, revealing a sweet, old landlady in front of me.

"(F/n), my dear!" She flashed a kind, toothy grin, the wrinkles by her eyes curling upwards, forming a smile too. "I have a letter for you."

"Thank you so much." I returned a cute smile, gently taking the letter from her small hands. She nodded politely, before excusing herself. I waved a slow gentle wave at the loving woman. I sighed with happiness, as I watched her figure grow small into the distance. It was approximately three years since she had taken me in, refusing any rent money I had to offer, nor did she accept payment through any other method. I tried everything. Gifts, dates, food. She was always so kind to me, which was something that I was always deeply grateful for.

I squealed with excitement, grabbing a pair of scissors to cut the edge of the envelope. I raised an eyebrow, as I pulled the strange looking letter. Falling to the ground with surprise, I cursed as All Might appeared through a hologram.

"Hello, young (f/n)!" All Might cheered, giving me a thumbs up. "Congratulations on getting into U.A! I look forward to meeting you again soon."

I giggled, nodding and bowing my head out of respect for the No.1 hero. The hologram ended, leaving my apartment room dark and gloomy. I stood up, picking up my phone from the sofa, as I did so. Humming, I scrolled though my (limited) phone contact list. It wasn't very long at all, before I found who I was looking for. Akira.

Moving my head to the dial sound, I patiently waited for the man to pick up. It didn't take him long, and knowing him, he was probably sat in his office, waiting for my call. My mission was a serious one, after all. Our conversation lasted a minute and we spent that creating a date and time. He chose that day, an hour after the phone call. My heart raced, not knowing what to expect while on the mission. Not knowing when it would end.

With a deep breath, I moved towards the tilted wardrobe, removing the long black coat. My arm tensed under it's weight, my arm shaking as I brought it close to my body. Rapidly, I slipped it on, the cold inner silk causing my fine hairs to stand. I did it up and fixed the collar, before leaving the apartment out the window.

My head sunk and I tried my best to conceal my features behind the zipped item of clothing. I made my way into the dark area of the city. The odor of the drugs and crime lingered in the air. I watched as people walked past each other, quickly exchanging little clear bags, for other bags, clearly filled with money. I was oblivious to places like these. There was clearly a lack of heroes in this area of the large city, allowing the locals to believe that they had the right to do wrong. This was the only flaw I saw in the hero system. The lack of media coverage or care for these areas lead the heroes to forget.

I gasped as a hooded man grabbed my shoulder. I turned around, violently hitting is hand off me. He crouched down and whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry, it's just me." The man assured, pulling back his hood slightly.