You Shouldn't Love Me

“You’re sure you’re okay to look after Dylan? I can always stay off school until tomorrow if you want mum?” I asked willing her to say that she wanted me to stay and look after him

“Honey we’ll be fine, I know you’re nervous after last year but it will all be fine now go to school April will be waiting for you.” She reassured and I nodded.

“Come on Ava, we’ll be late… don’t want that on our first day of senior year now do we?” My sister Emma cautioned whilst dragging me out the door and I blew a kiss to Dylan while he giggled through his breakfast.

Outside me sassy best friend April was waiting in her car and as soon as she saw me her mouth dropped open and ran into me squeezing me so I almost couldn’t breathe.

“Oh girl, how I’ve missed you!  You’ve missed too much… but on the plus side apparently there’s a hot new P.E teacher starting today so we got to go check that part of the candy store out.” She rambled on while I just looked through the front window of my house admiring Dylan as he ate his breakfast. Once April was finished she leaned on me out of breath which caused me and Emma to burst out laughing.

“Oh Ape I’ve missed your insanity…” I spluttered in between laughs

“Insane… Moi? Never” She defended looking insulted which made me realise just how much had changed over the last year and a single tear fell down my check and as soon I’d let that one fall the rest came and soon I was on the floor in April and Emma’s arms.

“Ave it’s going to be fine I promise… come on dry your eyes were going to be late if we don’t leave now.” Emma instructed and we all piled into April’s car and set off to school blaring out Rihanna’s latest music out the stereo of April’s red mustang.

Twenty minutes later we arrived at school and I took a large deep breath before getting out of the car. We all headed straight to the office to collect our timetables; however the five minute journey felt like it took ten years from all the stares I received.

“Ooh yay were all in homeroom together.” April squealed.

“Calm… “Emma soothed jokingly which earned her a glare.

“Come on let’s get to homeroom before you two kill each other… how you two BOTH survived without me here I’ll never know… wait I don’t know this room where is it?” I told them ushering them along. 

“Here it is Ava, come on come sit at the back… be a rebel.” April told me winking and I just laughed at her before taking a seat in the back row with her and Emma.

“Ape who do we actually have for homeroom this year?” I asked searching for my timetable in my bag.

April found her timetable quickly and informed me it was Mr Stone who neither her or Emma knew but before we could discuss who he must be in walked a young brunette guy in his twenties.

“Hi guys, I’m Mr Stone your homeroom tutor for this year and maybe for some of you, English Literature teacher and I hope to get to know each of you very well by the end of the year.”

“He must be that hot new teacher I was telling you about Ave…” April whispered in my ear.

“Right before we begin I need to have a quick chat with an Ava Connelly if you’re here?” he informed the class which caused everyone to turn around and stare at me.

“Yeah I’m here sir…” I told him although he obviously already knew due to the amount of staring going on.

“Great, come on outside… everyone else timetables must be in your homework diaries by the time we’re back okay.” He told the class smiling and I followed him outside and we headed to a small corner of the corridor.

“So what did you want to talk about sir?” I asked although I knew it was about my case file.

“Well I just wanted to talk to you about how you were doing since… you know last year… I mean emotionally… are you coping?” he asked awkwardly

“Erm well I guess so… well I miss my old life and how simple it was but I also don’t regret Dylan… I miss him whenever he’s away from me all the time.” I told him stuttering with shyness

“I see, well I guess we just need to ensure that this year goes smoothly for you and that you have no trouble from other students don’t we.” He replied and I nodded and then he signalled to go back into the room so I followed him and sat back down where April and Emma were finishing off our homework diaries, they had done mine for me seeing as I was outside with Mr Stone.

“Aww thanks guys; you didn’t have to do it for me…” I told them gratefully

“It was a pleasure, oh we better go to our lesson… your in here though for English… seems you have Mr Stone. “ April told me and I nodded getting my stationary out for the lesson as they left and Mr Stone looked at me smiling walking towards me.

“Let’s take a look at a picture of your little boy then?” 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but i promise you guys that the next chapter will be longer.... also let me know what you think and vote fan whatever you want....