Chapter 12: Perfection

“D…Dad!” I squealed stuttering. “I KNEW YOU WOULD COME BACK!” I screamed running into his arms.

“Hang on princess, what’s this about Emma and you both being pregnant and moving out? Why did that happen?” he asked calmly smiling.

“Come in, I’ll explain everything in a minute it’s just Emma’s collapsed actually. You couldn’t give me and Adam a hand could you? He’s a friend of our whose let us stay here.” I asked and he nodded coming in but as I was about to close the door April and Jamie came running up the drive.

“Hey guys, I’ll be with you soon, Emma’s collapsed so we need to see to her first, April can you make us all some tea as well as one for my dad?” I asked as I walked down the hallway and when I turned round I saw them looking like they’d seen a ghost. They eventually nodded and headed into the kitchen and I carried onto where Emma was lying motionlessly.  “Come on Dad, don’t be afraid Adam won’t bite much.” I assured him and I mouthed that he didn’t know about us to Adam so that he didn’t slip up.

“Av..ava? What happened?” I heard Emma mumble.

“Em, your awake, I’m so relieved!” I told her calmly. “What happened to you there?” I asked her to see if she remembered anything.

“Erm, I think I had pain in my stomach and then I blacked out.” She told me slowly trying to remember.

“Ava, I reckon we should get her to the hospital just to be on the safe side.” Adam questioned me and I nodded.

“Come on baby, we can do this, let’s get you up now, on one, two, three.” Dad soothed as we all helped to get Emma to her feet. We then all helped her to walk down the corridor and into the car and then April and Jamie brought us the teas in some plastic bottles.

“You guys off to the hospital?” Jamie asked and we all nodded.

“Why would you go there?” April asked confused; see this is why she is meant to be blonde.

“Because she collapsed April.” I told her calmly and then she nodded and we drove off as April and Jamie climbed into Adams car and followed us down. When we arrived at the hospital we all climbed out before helping Emma out of the car and Adam ran to get a wheelchair for her. Once we’d helped her into there we wheeled her into the reception and Adam explained what had happened and the nurse told us where to go.

Once we arrived at the mother and baby unit we waited to be called as we all sat in silence.

“EMMA CONNELLY” A voice called over the intercom and we all wheeled her into the room and when we arrived we saw Jasmine walking out sheepishly attempting to not make eye contact.

“Right, hello Emma who would you like to stay?” the doctor asked and she pointed to me, Adam and Dad. “Okay, can the rest of you wait outside or something.” She asked nicely and they did. When they were out of the room we helped Emma onto the bed and the doctor took a look at the notes. “Okay Emma could you lift your shirt and we’ll take a look at your babies and check how they’re doing.” The doctor told her and she did as she was told. “Hmm, I’ll be right back.” She informed us and she rushed out of the room and we all looked at each other.

“Is this like on TV when they come back with a specialist and they give me some terrible news?” Emma asked quietly.

“Of course not honey, it’ll all be fine.” Dad reassured her wrapping an arm around her but she shook it off, I guess she wasn’t ready to forgive him yet. Moments later the doctor came back with another doctor.

“Emma this is Dr Matthews, I just want him to double check something for me okay, don’t worry.” She told us and Emma nodded and the other doctor went over to inspect the screen and looked very hesitant to say anything.

“Right Emma, I have some good and bad news. The good news is that you’ll see your babies today, the bad news is that it’s because the umbilical cord is wrapped around one of the babies neck and we need to get them out as soon as we can so we have to deliver them by caesarean in ten minutes.” He informed us and Emma’s jaw dropped.

“TEN MINUTES!” She screamed at us and we nodded apologetically. “I don’t even have any names for them yet.” She told us more calmly.

“I didn’t when I had Dylan though did I. I just picked a name that suited him when I saw him for the first time. Actually talking of Dylan I should give Lily a call and tell her it might be later before we can pick him up.” I told them.

“Well do you want me to go and pick him up and I’ll come straight back after?” Adam asked and I nodded.

“Thanks, I appreciate it.” I replied smiling holding back the urge to give him a kiss.

“Oh I’ll get to finally meet my first grandchild won’t I.” my dad exclaimed and I couldn’t help beam at him.

“You’ll love him, he looks like you.” I told him and he smiled at me. “I guess I better catch you up on the last year or so hadn’t I.” I told him.

ONE HOUR LATER

“Oh Emma, she’s just the cutest thing and she looks just like you. Oh and her sister looks so like Jamie.” I told her as Dylan watched me from his granddads arms.

“Thanks Ava, I can’t believe they’re here already and so early but yet they’re perfectly healthy. I know they have to stay here for a month but I can finally hold my babies.” She exclaimed crying slightly.

“You picked out any names yet?” Adam asked cooing over one of the babies, he is going to be a great dad I can tell and this is when we still have about eight months to go.

“Yeah I have Miley for the one your holding Ava and then the one Adam’s nearly drooling over I’m going to call Maisie, what do you think?” she informed us and we all nodded.

“They’re lovely names, perfect for my first daughters in fact." Jamie exclaimed cooing at Miley. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, i just want to thank you guys for getting me to nearly 30 votes, i'm so pleased i never thought i would get that with this story. 

Question: Who likes the babies names? Who doesnt if so what would you change them to?

Thanks 

Jordz16 xxx