Two

Chapter 2

“He looks like you Ava, congrats on a wonderful and happy little boy.” Mr Stone told me handing back the picture I had shown him of Dylan.

“Thanks sir.” I told him getting the last of my needed stationary for the lesson. Just then the rest of the class came in and each and every one stared at me due to the shock of me being back and then Mr Stone due to his supposed hotness with their mouths wide open.  Just as everyone had settled into their seats in walked Harriet the girl who was either adored or hated by everyone else and me… well I absolutely hated her. Last year when I had just found out about being pregnant she had decided to announce it to the whole school in assembly and I was mortified… never mind Emma’s reaction she didn’t speak to me for two months after that.

“Oh look who it is the slag that got herself pregnant by somebody she didn’t even know… so classy eh.” She told the class in passing whilst walking to the only available seat which had to be next to me didn’t it.

“What’s your name young lady?” Mr Stone asked angrily

“Harriet Lawrence, how about you.” She informed whilst flirting to try and get away with what had just happened.

“Apologise to Ava right now that was incredible inappropriate behaviour Harriet and I don’t want to hear another unless I ask you a question, understand me.” He told her sternly.  JUSTICEEEE!!!!! She then nodded and turned to me and apologised and I was in so much shock at her change in behaviour that all I could muster was a slight nod.

“Right class…” Mr Stone continued. “This year in English Literature we’ll be studying Othello by William Shakespeare in the first half of the year…” Mr Stone started which earned him some groans from the class “Alright I know a lot of you won’t enjoy Shakespeare that’s why in the second half of the year you have free choice of a book to read and then you will write a piece on that book… so that means you will actually have to READ it!” he told the class looking at Harriet who looked really offended which made the class really burst into fits of laughter.  “Any questions anyone?” Mr Stone started up again and nobody responded. “Great in that case Ava would you help me with the Othello books?” he asked and I nodded before following him out of the classroom.

“Where are the books sir? It’s been a long time I’ve forgotten…” I asked and he smiled before leading the way into a small cupboard.

“So Ava, was what Harriet said in class true… did you not know the father of your little boy?” he asked obviously wanting to understand the whole situation and I nodded and tried to hold back the tears but one escaped and then I could no longer stop them all falling. He then eloped me in a hug whilst rubbing my back to try to calm me down and I noticed he smelt really good and I mean really good. “So do you want to talk about what happened?” he asked sheepishly clearly uncertain whether or not to ask.

“Well basically about three months into last school year I Emma who’s my sister in case you didn’t know that and April went out for the night and they ended up meeting guys and got lifts from them. Anyway I was walking to my car to drive home but I never got to my car because some guy grabbed me pulled me into an alleyway and… and… “I started

“Oh I see you don’t have to explain the rest.” He told me pulling me back into a hug. He then handed me a handkerchief to dry my eyes and as I did so he started to grab the Othello books.

“Pass me some then…” he told me and he did so.

“You know what I actually have a nephew your sons age… I’m sure he’d love a friend?” he started.

“That’s a great idea, when are you free?” I asked apprehensively as we headed out of the cupboard

“Well my sister Lily’s going out with her husband Jason tonight so how about then?” he asked smiling again and making me weak at the knees.